ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrapping a car?

This one ^ (someday)
I've always been interested in wrapping but really know nothing about it, I've gathered its a big vinyl wrap they put round the car but can it be taken off again without damaging original paint work? and is that why people do it? and in terms of looking after them are they just like normal paint?

If I had a lot more money i'd love to get the clio wrapped but i wouldn't want to damage the paint!

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
ive just had the roof done gloss black on the focus, while there i asked about the whole car and they quoted me £1000 for the car (as id already had the roof done) plus an extra £200 for the door shuts.

this was @ Yiannimize refined in north london.

Seeing as Yianni does all the footballers cars and is in London, I'd expect him to be quite expensive.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
I read that with a bit of practise on some scrap panels its pretty easy to do if you take the time to do it?

yes, and no.

there are some panels that require wrappers tricks to do them properly, and we aint gonna go telling people how to do those now!

simple flat panels are simple, but try a bonnet on your own with vinyl, not dinoc, as its so thick its idiot proof. its not just the wrapping though, even if you get it perfect, it has to be cut perfect, without any damage to the paint underneath.

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
great colour choice for a volvo estate!!

same as mine

423814_10150597120004023_587484022_9170359_1722892731_n.jpg

220 Trophy
Seeing as Yianni does all the footballers cars and is in London, I'd expect him to be quite expensive.

Just putting my 2p in, I had my roof wrapped at Yiannimise and the actual guys who did the wrap were top-notch, it’s a long story but the guys who ran the place were actually threatening, I was on the verge of calling the police. I would strongly recommend others not to go there just because of the customer relations standard. I personally wouldn’t wrap a whole car if the paintwork is ok as you run the risk of pulling the lacquer off when you remove the film. If the paintwork is tired in the first place then its no harm is it.