ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Edition 30
Re: Dave.'s Cammed, 2118'd Carbon obsession

Brilliant thread Dave, great read.

Where did you get your xsara washers form, Citroen direct?

This is going to be another car I'm jealous of once we've got the throttles on :)

Stock kits comes with a breather filter for the stock breather system. If required we can supply a catch tank, either basic boggo spec chinese made one @ £55 or a nice Mocal one at £116. Do you do a lot of track work? If so catch tank isn't a bad shout.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Mmmmm tb's :evil:

Just out of interest, did you find out the reason for its low RR reading at Surrey Rolling Road? Only got 180 iirc, with cams?

Wheels look nice btw ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Dave could have been a number of things, me running it for 5 days with a misfire on cylinder 3 due to water in the plug wells prob didn't help. But who knows!!

Dyno lottery as usual, but a standard 197 made 208 Bhp, didnt seem very consistent!

Milltek'd clio 182

nice motor love the carbon, where and how much was the carbon bonnet, if you dont mind me asking :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

owen ill send you a pm in a mo!!

you need to get a project thread and more pics up of the tdf set up!

TrackCar & F30 330d

I look forward to see what Matt's kit look like on the car.

Turning out to be a cracking little car this :)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

I look forward to see what Matt's kit look like on the car.

Turning out to be a cracking little car this :)

when i have them on we need to meet up being so close mate, have a bodies bark off lol

be interesting to compare set ups too! yours will be much quicker i imagine though with all the weight removed!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

awesome news, didn't know you were at the karting, would of had a chat regarding the itb's had i known

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Yes mate, I was there, was surprising the amount of people there and the amount of people I didn't get to meet!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I'm running 428's and have a 2.5" system with no cat.

I'll be getting matts AT Power setup but with longer trumpets ad some modifications to rad pack and a new slimline fan to allow for the additional trumpet length.

They will be fitted with socks tho due to the tight spacing. Haven't made my mind up wether to get the wideband fitted or not at this stage prob not, I'll wait as it's a lot of money already!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

yer, well i am unsure on the At's as i run Jenvey, i think you will get more torque as they are direct to head and will probably have longer trumpets than myself

i run 428's but fred and matt reckon my 2.25 exhaust was a bit restrictive, my figures were 212bhp and around 160lb/ft up at tdf, going back soon with a 2.5 zaust, hopefully yours will do aswell

Evo 5 RS

Yours made 193 last time didn't it, Dave? I'm reckoning 166lb/ft and 212bhp. That's my final guess! Basically the figure I was looking for first time round :(

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i was surprised, i thought my torque would of been higher...
tony and jay's is up round 180lb/ft if i remember correctly

Evo 5 RS

Yours would be due to your big ass wheels I'd imagine, and possibly exhaust like you say. Mine made 165 on the same rollers, with the px600 filter, jenveys, air con delete 'n 428s. (but only 204bhp)

Cro

Meg'd r27

I'd say that Jays and Tony's torque increase would have been the solid airbox happens to resonate well at certain rpm increasing the torque?!?

Nice plans Dave, definately stealing some ideas :rasp:

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

Yours would be due to your big ass wheels I'd imagine, and possibly exhaust like you say. Mine made 165 on the same rollers, with the px600 filter, jenveys, air con delete 'n 428s. (but only 204bhp)

lol at massive wheels... an extra inch on each corner.
yer exhaust will be a factor, thats why it had to go, probably go for a prospeed again though. maybe loose a box also...lol

i also have the air-con delete and i am sure my filter should flow better with it bing only a small panel.... i can't wait to see my new figure

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Mine did 193 Bhp and 165.5 ft lbs when mapped on the cams. If I could get 215 and 180 ft lbs I would be mega happy!!

Matt said it wad one of the strongest non port throttled cars he'd seen, coming from him I was bloody pleased!

It's the drivability I'm looking forward to the most.

I could bin the air con etc but it's my road car, so seems a but silly to do so.

I am however goin to get rid on my recaros at some point as I want some pole positions. Mmmmmmm

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
5284f872-2b7e-5b2a.jpg

165.4 sorry!

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i hit a badger a long will back, got rid of my air-con...lol
on the pole positions, they are awesome, exactly what i have

Fiesta ST-2

Dave, what did you do with the carbon bonnet? Might know someone interested if you still have it.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Forever the optimist! To be honest if the torque was the same as it is Dow but had much longer duration I'd be happy!

Im away in Edingburgh with the mrs AA a late valentines thing whilst it's getting done, I won't be able to wait to get back lol!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Just had the spec of the kit emailed to me by matt!

2011 revision ITB kit with +10mm ram pipes. This includes our new ITG single sock filter which gives most of the performance of a sausage filter with the ease of fit of socks.

Spal slimline fan kit. This will be mounted to the rad and wired and gives the extra room required for the longer trumpets whilst also retaining the stock rad, slam panel, bonnet catch etc.

Nom Nom Nom!