ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

"Wow, My Willy Works" Dave.'s TDF'd ITB & Cammed 182

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Update time!

Been to see Dan @ 519 Automotive again today and had the new brakes courtesey of Ian at Godspeed brakes fitted, and the coilovers i picked up the other night...

3b250535.jpg

b9500853.jpg

5b6ce47a.jpg

All done:

6bde6527.jpg

851e05ef.jpg

Sits a lot lower, and am really pleased with the ride quality, but am getting some scuffing on the front wheels, when cornering hard or maneuverering. Dan set the fronts with 1 degree of camber and am surprised how nicely it turns in now.

A little bit of trimming of the wheel arch liners and it should be fine!

The new bluestuff pads are not yet bedded in but the bite they give was quite impressive, they are looking like they will be quite impressive!

I'm booked in on a track day at Bedford on Monday so that will see how they do!!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Re: Davesrealgood's Arctic Blue Cammed 182

Cheers mate, shame its sooo filthy at the minute but cant be helped lol

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Be reet mate. Mine's filthy and in bits at present, so you're better off than me. lol

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

perfect looking height... bend your bumper brackets slightly to stop the scuffing on the fronts (if they're the ones scuffing). what coily's did you end up with?

500 Twinair

I'm liking that alot, what coilovers are you running.
Also where did you get the 197 steering wheel from.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
They are Vmaxx's that I got for a great price!! Gonna have a look at the bumper brackets tomorrow, and see if I can trim the arch liners

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Car was flawless on the trackday at bedford pics to follow, not had the car since as i managed to knacker my are at work on the 7th so not been able to drive! The brakes were good, but discs were shagged, pics to follow!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Cracking build mate, very impressed.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

is it wrong that i keep looking at S2000's then.....:S

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Looks great mate;)
Im looking at my suspension after the new year not sure what to do yet:S

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

Although i have them fitted, save up and get something better than the vmaxxs, mine were way too soft for track use, and i actually prefered the standard setup on track, but looks cracking lower

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio

Im trackin and sprinting next year and dont know what route to take yet. Im not into lowering the car just need it to handle well around corners...............

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

Looks great Dave, perfect mods.

I want your interior :eek:

182 Trophy #196

Hi Dave,

Car looks amazing! Wish I had Recaros :dapprove:

How easy was it to fit the Powerflex DogBone mount? What LEDs did you use for the number plate and sidelights? Again, how easy was it to fit them?

Lotus Elise

Do you have any trouble with track day noise limits with a decat and exhaust?

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1

errrm at every track so far i have been on, at bedford however i was ripping the three 87db drive by sensors as my car was at a consistent 86.5 when i was ringing its neck!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Sorry mate my post wasn't very clear, every other track day my cat has been fine, it's well under on the static test about 84db, it's just with the engine screaming away that it's loud!

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Update!

After a trip down to reading today I bought some new wheels for the car, Speedline 2118's in anthracite. 15" with T1R's all round. And they are minty mint.

5ad10c30-0a4c-0c93.jpg

5ad10c30-0a5b-ede2.jpg

5ad10c30-0a6e-b91f.jpg

Ignore the arch gap, had only just come off the jack!

5ad10c30-0a8a-3af6.jpg

Really pleased with how they look, and god it feels nicer to drive! Speedo's a little out but nothing major.

Going to have a word with Bic at Streamline carbon in the week to see if he can make me some carbon centre caps to finish them off.

Oh and before someone says it

5ad10c30-0b1a-864a.jpg

Ben

ClioSport Club Member

Great little project thread, looks fantastic.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Well I picked this up yesterday, my carbon fetish is getting bad!

5ac8bf5b-e7db-18f0.jpg

5ac8bf5b-e7ec-94be.jpg

My plan is to use fine lining tape to mask off two stripes like this

5ac8bf5b-e890-80f7.jpg

Then paint the rest of the bonnet body colour, and then lacquer the whole thing leaving two nice carbon stripes.

Or should I just fit it?? Lol

If anyone can reccomend a good bodyshop in the bucks area please do!

LY R26

Hah, thats my 182 in the picture! before I bought it, looks a little different now! :p

How comes one of the 2118's has a chrome centre cap?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

You sheeeeeeep!! :) Looking good tho ;)

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
Ok I'll see what it looks like then lads, magpieV6 is going to run her Da Polisher over it to sort some minor defects in it, then I'll have a look.

Dan you going to SRR on 22nd this month? I'm running mine there, see what it makes compared to TDF