ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wow id love to afford this 330 brake clio :))

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Fabia VRS
Apparently standard gearbox isn't a problem if it's sticking to the road. Would definitely get a LSD though.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
why would you think the gearbox tops out at 138?! Just jack one side of your car of the ground with the wheel off and rev the car in gear 5, its will hit the top of the mph guage...

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  AB182, Audi A5 3.0
best not to try that literally btw, i suppose it could be dangerous in some way or form (ive only done it once)

Trader Rating - 100%
4   0   0
  KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Not being funny mate,I just don't think that a front wheel drive car with no LSD can hit these figures,maybe 5.0 secs but not under that,my S4 done it in 4.2 secs(550 bhp 500 ft/lbs) my mates mark5 r32 turbo with remapped DSG and launch control,(460bhp 450 ft/lbs) hits it in 4.1,both timed on a drift box.

And no I don't think a time stamp is accurate when we are talking about .1 of a second time intervals.

Buy yourself a drift box and do it properly and I think you will be surprised,I will hold my hands up if you can show me some real evidence.:)

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
It's always the people that have never driven one with the strongest opinions I find.

There is f**k all to pull along, an S4 and R32 weigh nearly half as much again!

jaysmith

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
agree with danny you carnt be french superminis ther superlight super quik and french classics are one of the best handlin cars in the world imo and in many others stik to french :)))

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Just to put this here, I had a run with a mate in his E46 M3 and I just got the edge on acceleration up to 80.

I know these are only book figure but it does 0-62 in 5.1, he's a great driver and we both had a very good start. Mine runs no where near 330 so I would say sub 5's are highly possible in that car. I would also say that even the M3 at 6.0 seconds 0-60 I would still be in the 5 second bracket, I'm happy with that.

The whole run was pretty even too, I got away half a length on acceleration and he then pulled half a length on me higher up the gears. I'm horrendously impressed with my car at the moment :)

Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The car is worth what ever somebody will pay for it. You will never get back the money youve spent on mods in the resale price. For this reason ill never sell my sc172 it means more to me than getting a few grand for selling it. Deans old 182 is perfect for somebody wanting a sc182 cheaper than doing it from scratch.

As for the 'figures' when mine was at 260bhp it was timed with good timing gear & recorded a 5.2 that was with full interior, if it was fully stripped it would have easy done 5.0secs or less. As said the gearboxs arnt limited to 138mph. Ive still got a ph1 box in mine & reached the limiter in 5th with ease at 160+

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd like this car, but 8k is way too much. hate people that spend rakes on a car, then try and sell it for what they've spent on it.

Reminds me of the guy with clio covered in carbon parts, he wanted 10k cause he spent 10k on it... fail.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  big boost cup
Love how people who have never owned or been in a charged clio can pass comment on its performance. as said in previous posts you will be suprised what its capable of. I know i was when i first went drag racing in mine it beat some "proper quick" stuff and and that was with 231 hp no diff and 888s.
so pipe down haterz :clown:

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Love how people who have never owned or been in a charged clio can pass comment on its performance. as said in previous posts you will be suprised what its capable of. I know i was when i first went drag racing in mine it beat some "proper quick" stuff and and that was with 231 hp no diff and 888s.
so pipe down haterz :clown:

I feel the same.

Mine now is on par with an E46 M3 from 0-150, absolutely nothing in it and that's without a diff and on R888's. When I had the engine you now had I can't imagine what it would of been capable of on a day to day basis. I only had a run against a 400bhp Evo with my 330 and I mopped the floor with it!

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  big boost cup
I feel the same.

Mine now is on par with an E46 M3 from 0-150, absolutely nothing in it and that's without a diff and on R888's. When I had the engine you now had I can't imagine what it would of been capable of on a day to day basis. I only had a run against a 400bhp Evo with my 330 and I mopped the floor with it!

soon to be running some nitrous too. Im itching to get it back now and make some videos for the haters.

Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  big boost cup
Let us all know about the vag box once it's up and running, interested to see what's its like/costs etc should be awesome.

The cost is 2k all in with a few extra bits. for what im going to be doing with it, it needed to be done otherwise I would be breaking drive train stuff pretty sharpish.

Trader Rating - 100%
13   0   0
  53 Clio's & counting
Why the need to be cocky?

Time stamp on a video is fairly reliable in my opinion from filming it to 60.

Don't under estimate 330bhp in something that weighs less than a ton.

I agree with Danny, my old Mk1 Hybrid had an internally standard Williams engine (Just breathing mods and a gineric chip) and with the interior stripped out was timed 0-60 on a racelogic in 5.22 seconds - that was with (at best) 165bhp?

So as long as it can get grip (WHich when set up correctly, these cars can) then I can believe a sub 5 second run is possible with a car such as a Ph1 with over 300bhp and being able to get over 60mph in 2nd gear

Trader Rating - 100%
31   0   0
  SQ5
Yea its completely believable, mine at ~255 is doing 5.5 0-60's and with no grip issues as the supercharger is so progressive!