ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

would a silver bonnet look ridiculous on a blue 172 ph1?

172 ph1
bought this car as I had a small accident in my silver track car

will be swapping over the suspension, exhaust, steering wheel, brake lines, pads, disks...

considering swapping the bonnets as well as the silver one has an aluminium one

25648457.jpg

CLIO PH1 172
depends how much you really want to lighten it up but the cost of spraying it would be more than i would be willing to pay for the amount of weight saved imo but do it !! lol

LHD ph1 172
buy 2 or 3 matt black spray can and respray it youself...

also if you don't do a perfect job it will look better than
-a silver bonnet on a blue clio
-a "not very shiny and perfect blue" bonnet on a blue clio

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If it's just a track and Sunday car then just put it on. If you don't like it do as others have said and spray it black. Or cover it in CF vinyl.

Clio 182 arctic
the ktec website says that their carbon fibre vented bonnet is only 6kg lighter than the original, is that real carbon fibre. because if it is, the ali bonnet must only be between 2-5kg lighter then. not much.

172 ph1
Fiance was not amused :rofl:

Weight difference was around 5kg I think

If I still hate the look in another week's time I'll probably paint it.

06052010154.jpg

06052010155.jpg

Clio 182
Tell people its euro, anything s**t looking can look great if its euro.

But seriously, yeah paint it when you can

172 ph1
I think a carbon fibre one would look alright actually... might just be me though
Probably would not be much lighter than the Alu bonnet though. A lot of aftermarket CF bonnets for the S2000 turned out to be heavier than the stock Alu bonnet.

mk1 phase 1 clio RL prima
looks s**t lol. while we are on the subject of bonnets, mine has seen better days so i'm after a new one. does anyone know if a 1994 1.8 rsi bonnet would fit a 1994 1.2 rl prima? they both open the opposite way to normal bonnets, ie. the "bmw" way