ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth taking rear seats out?

Abarth 500 Esseesse
Easys mate! I tried my car for a couple of days stripped out, even the dash went! Sound is awesome!

VaVa
It does!

I did it (albeit to convert my 172 into a van whilst doing some DIY, rather than a track day) and my exhaust was waaaaay louder inside the cabin which instantly gives 20-30 pbhp (perceived bhp).

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
The isofix bolt will be your main problem if at all, snapped mine in half when taking my seats out.

182cup & 172 racecar
Bet you still have to have a little poke about,just to have a look.

If you do, I'll poke you in the eye with a sh1tty stick.

182, 6r GTi
pop of the isofix bar cover loosen 1 bolt a turn or 2 take the other one all the way out, slide the bar back youve now got acess to the bolt that fixes the seats down in the middle, remove this with a torq peice, pull up in each corner of the rear seats and slide out,

simple as that :D

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
pop of the isofix bar cover loosen 1 bolt a turn or 2 take the other one all the way out, slide the bar back youve now got acess to the bolt that fixes the seats down in the middle, remove this with a torq peice, pull up in each corner of the rear seats and slide out,

simple as that :D

Just as long as the torx 40 bolt isn't rusted in place! ;)

Milltek'd clio 182
think you will shed 25kg of weight, does feel odd when removed, and does drone the old decat inside the car when emptied which is good

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Your about four pages too late with that comment. Im under no illusion it will make it go any quicker, im just curious. Cheers for you input though

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
The lads gave it ago but were worried that the bolts were going to snap on the base, rusted on pretty damm well. May just give it a miss, ah well.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
just go under the car and use a wire brush on the bottom of the bolts to free the dirt from them, should make life easier

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Seats out, well unscrewed at least. Will be removing them tonight and see how i get on over the next couple of days.:)

182cup & 172 racecar
watermark.php

Is coming for you.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of an update. So after removing the seats on Saturday which were a bit of a pain ive had a couple of days to get used to it. Its obviously louder inside which to be honest im liking (at the moment) and it might be in my head but it def feels quicker/lighter. Will see how i get on next Saturday at Oulton.