ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Bucket Seats and Sliders

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I’ve got some bucket seats for my BG, ideally I’d like the drivers seat to have forward and back movement as my wife sometimes drives the car and she’s a fair bit shorter than me, however I can’t get my head around if I just need to get sliders and side mounts or if that doesn’t work? Has anyone done this before? Any advice on doing this appreciated

Cheers

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Hi All,

Looking for some advice, I’ve got some bucket seats for my BG, ideally I’d like the drivers seat to have forward and back movement as my wife sometimes drives the car and she’s a fair bit shorter than me, however I can’t get my head around if I just need to get sliders and side mounts or if that doesn’t work? Has anyone done this before? Any advice on doing this appreciated

Cheers

I had corebeau Clubsports buckets. Fitted with universal side mounts, fixed to universal sliding rails which in turn were fixed to Jon foz frames. Worked perfectly. Probably can’t “recommend” them for track use (if that’s what you had in mind) as they were cheap eBay ones but did the job for me.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
I had corebeau Clubsports buckets. Fitted with universal side mounts, fixed to universal sliding rails which in turn were fixed to Jon foz frames. Worked perfectly. Probably can’t “recommend” them for track use (if that’s what you had in mind) as they were cheap eBay ones but did the job for me.
Would be using it on track, assume you mean not recommend for track as they may not be that.m strong?

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Would be using it on track, assume you mean not recommend for track as they may not be that.m strong?

There's of course some play in the sliders so they're not as rigid as fixed seats, obviously they're not going into a gt2 RS which corners and brakes at mind bending speeds so it won't make a huge difference through. I tracked mine twice and they were fine.

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
There's of course some play in the sliders so they're not as rigid as fixed seats, obviously they're not going into a gt2 RS which corners and brakes at mind bending speeds so it won't make a huge difference through. I tracked mine twice and they were fine.
Sounds good to me. Thanks, I don’t do loads of track days so feels like it should be okay.

Going to better than the standard seats and belts where I end up in the passenger seat when turning right!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Sounds good to me. Thanks, I don’t do loads of track days so feels like it should be okay.

Going to better than the standard seats and belts where I end up in the passenger seat when turning right!
Yeah mate getting rid of the standard seats makes an absolute world of difference, assuming you've changed/ you're changing the steering standard wheel too?