ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

worth swapping a 182 ff for a 172 cup?

Roadster Coupe
was selling my 182 but I've been offered to swap with a 172 cup plus cash, is a cup worth a swap?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I wouldnt say so, not sure why anyone would wanna swap a 172 cup for an 182 FF either though as imo the 172 Cup is the best of the mk2 range :)

Roadster Coupe
no my 182 is in excellent condition but wa thinking is it worth sacrfising the air con, etc for a cup

Vw Passat, clio 182
I wouldn't. If your car is in excellent condition why bother. You'll probably end up spending money on Cup fixing problems it has.

Roadster Coupe
i need the cash, cant afford my insurance so was going to sell my 182 buy a cheaper car and use the left over money to pay for the insurance.

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
Why are you selling your 182?

To save money? a cup wont really save you any and could cost more.

You want a change? The difference is so small between the 1*2s that there wont be enough of a change.

Clio 182 cup'd
lol You cant afford the insurance on a 182 to you plan on selling it and buying a 172, then using whats left to insure it. I think you need to take a step back and make a proper decision about whether you can afford a car at all.

Mini Cooper S sport
Wouldn't swap a 182 for a 172 Cup if insurance cost is the issue.

Bite the bullet, go and buy something with a smaller engine, build up some NCB, then go for a sport again in a couple of years time.

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
first thing you do when buyin a car (or should) is see if you can afford the running costs.
Insurance is a running cost, so if you cant pay it, sell the car and get something you can afford to run.

Just to put it in perspective ive spent over the last 5 years on my car insurance = £6000 + car at £1,200 + 2lt conv £3500 total = £10,700

That doesnt include petrol,road tax, servicing or tyres. As a student it has cost me more than 60% of my money to run a car.

So if you cant afford the £900, sell the car and get something cheaper or GIVE UP OTHER THINGS to compensate.

WTF? That's exactly what he wants to do by getting the Cup. Swap + cash. Cash = insurance. It allows him to keep a Renaultsport Clio, but be able to pay the insurance premium with the cash he gets from the swap.

Mini Cooper S sport
WTF? That's exactly what he wants to do by getting the Cup. Swap + cash. Cash = insurance. It allows him to keep a Renaultsport Clio, but be able to pay the insurance premium with the cash he gets from the swap.

For how long though? Won't he have the same problem next year?

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197

A Clio Cup isnt a cheaper car to run or insure, just a cheaper car to buy.

I could buy a £10-15k car but it doesnt meen I can afford to run it.

Also Insurance is main reason I dont drive around in a M3 as its would cost £3200