ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worth a look.?(wiliams clio)

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Have seen these 2 Williams and really interested,the first one is obviously closer so it is more appealing to me.Problem i have is i go on holiday tomorrow and i have no time at all today to go looking,now do i phone the guy and explain the situation and ask him about the car or do you think i should wait til i come back and just hope they are still available,i dont like wasting peoples time if im not going to look at it straight away but on the other hand i would like to know more about the cars as the descriptions are short.

What you guy/gals think.?

First one(the closer one)
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/658895.htm

Second one(in Devon)
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/661827.htm

RB 200 Cup!
id go on hols and check if its available when i come back - if not im sure there will be others about

Civic Si
the willy one looks in great condition.

the williams 2, the steering wheel looks horrible. standard one looks so much better and the wheels look pretty scuffed.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would want to know why he has taken the heat shield off the Williams 1.

The Williams 2 doesn't look to shabby either although closer up pics of the arches would have been handy. I am not sure why he has gone for a cheap fix to remove the wiper off the back though .

Vw caddy tdi
The w1 looks a cleaner car as asbove no heat shield hmm not good. U need to check possible new cars over properly.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
I would want to know why he has taken the heat shield off the Williams 1.

The Williams 2 doesn't look to shabby either although closer up pics of the arches would have been handy. I am not sure why he has gone for a cheap fix to remove the wiper off the back though .

Is it a big deal with the heatshield being removed?.Im a bit of a novice with the Williams tbh so any help/advice is greatly appreciated.

It's not a good idea to run a williams (or a valver) for a long period of time without the heat sheild in place, the brake lines are behind it. The whole are gets stupidly hot.
A new heat sheild is about £50, maybe a bit more now.

Personally i'd go on holiday bud, then see about them when I got back. They may have gone, but there maybe others on there then.

I'd go for the williams tbh, not the willy 2.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
I think the first car is no longer available, as it was on ebay last week and sold for £1600. Looked very nice and was amazed how cheap it went for.

Hawkeye

ClioSport Club Member
  Damage repaired
Will see whats about when i get back from jollies,theres no rush but i think this is the car i will be going for out of the choices i have been pondering over.

Choices....
1.Mint valver
2.R5GTT
3.Willy
4.Calibra Turbo

Budget is around £2500 so all of them should be affordable.I want something that will make me smile everytime i get out of it,have got the bike for sheer lunacy but need something when the weathers not so good.Have got the new Freelander 2 for family motor.

St.Lucia here i come......weeheeyy...

williams and trophy

the williams 2, the steering wheel looks horrible. standard one looks so much better and the wheels look pretty scuffed.

its also had a respray, which would prob cater for how clean it looks lol.101k....no stonechips???? bit of a giveaway.

wiliams 1s are the only ones to go for imho. lighter, more appealing, better trim. again......imo.

Civic Si

its also had a respray, which would prob cater for how clean it looks lol.101k....no stonechips???? bit of a giveaway.

wiliams 1s are the only ones to go for imho. lighter, more appealing, better trim. again......imo.

good point about the stone chips!

hmmm, i prefer the trim of the 2's... each to their own i guess. all this Williams talk is making me miss mine! :dapprove: