ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Worrying crack - pics enclosed

182 Cup
Had my boot carpet out the other day for a clean and spotted this underneath, I was a bit shocked to say the least.

Has anyone else had a similar thing to this? Is it something to worry about?

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
That looks like its just the sound proofing which is like a tar mat that they stick on the car. Have a look at BEN P thread and you wil see the stuff I am talking about.

Doesnt look like anything to worry about just looks like its heated up and cooled down and by doing that the it has cracked and made the paint crack as well.

In the highly unlikely event that they agree'd to replace it under warranty they would more than likely do more damage than good. Also that stuff is black in colour so you will end up with a black piece of sound deadening under there which wont match any others. Come resale time it might make people think your car has had one up the shitter and been repaired. Just leave it as it is.