ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wont even turno over, immobiliser?

clio 1.2, golf GTI T
wont even turn over, immobiliser?

hi all.
im new on here, well to posting.
been on here for a while and just do lots of reading and never post.
so here my first post,
feeling like one of those people who just join a forum to get a quick fix and bugger off again:eek:

my gfs 02 clio wont start.
central locking unlocks fine, turn the key to first position and all dash lights come on and radio.
then i go to turn again to start but i get nothing at all.
got a feeling its a immo problem.
any ideas?
also i cant remember as never really take much notice but does the immo light on the dash keep flashing once the car is unlocked?

thanks alot for any help in advance
ian

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Sounds daft, but have you tried jumping it off another car?

If its immobiliser related, it will normally turn over, just won't start.

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
to me sounds the battery might need earthing...

connect the black jump lead to the batter and put it on the starter motor ;) should work.

sister has been gettin this problem alot on her 52 1.2 16v dynamique, and thats how we start it :)

clio 1.2, golf GTI T
ok thanks.
that rules out the immo then if it would turn over but not start if that was the problem.

had it hooked up to my golf for around ten mins with no luck.
also there was lots of clicking coming from the relay/fuse box on the right side of the battery, does this mean anything?
thanks
ian

3 Series touring
next to the starter motor (at the front of the engine) is a little slide-on spade connector,
take it off and clean the bit of metal with a screwdriver or something. then replace and start her up....if this is the issue, its a good idea to then give that connector a good clean up :)

2002 Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
i have had this problem for years! had all the earth points off today and cleaned them all. fingers crossed for the morning. it only ever does it when the cars been stood overnight . . usually. i even tried changing the decoder ring but that wasnt the issue. nice to know im not alone with this problem.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
my old one done that, was the connector on the starter motor, took it off replaced it and it was fine untill it happened again lol covered it in grease the next time and was fine after that!