ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wing mirrors

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
Just after some opinions please..........

I've bought a spare set of wing mirror covers for my 172. I'd like to do a few track days and maybe shows in the car this year. If i go on track ill be running on the blue williams wheels. My question is this..............

Do i paint the mirrors the same blue as the wheels

or

Do i sticker bomb them up like i planned to do originally? I have all the stickers ready, they are decent graffiti style and look cool. However i'd imagine its an acquired taste.

Just after peoples ideas and any other simple ideas to make the car a little different. It needs to be something i can change easily though due to the car being a daily and wanting to make it back to a std looking 172 easily.

Oh the car is iceberg and the wheels are baby blue........:rasp:

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
Paint them, do something different to the rest, it's your car at end of day do what you wanna do :)

a low one
if youve got a spare set then why not paint them baby blue to match the wheels and if you dont like the look of them, sticker bomb over the blue?

personally i think the baby blue could look cool.

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
:D

IMG00210-20110120-1309.gif

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
Did my lap top tonight to check if i could pull it off....................don't think it looks too bad.

P1010952.gif

GW 200 Gone :( BG182
I must admit I usually hate stickerbombing but them mirrors look cool as f**k :) nice 1 mate

Ph1 Non Sport
How hard was it? cause i stickerbombed my interior mirror and the beggars wouldnt stick properly cus of the shape.. did they stick down ok?

looks good tho mate,, big fan of stickerbombing :)

Ph1 Non Sport
How hard was it? cause i stickerbombed my interior mirror and the beggars wouldnt stick properly cus of the shape.. did they stick down ok?

looks good tho mate,, big fan of stickerbombing :)

Renault 5 GT Turbo & 172
they have stuck down OK, some have lifted and on the curved sections they are creased. However they are only for track days or shows etc so i'm not too fussed. Plus the lacquer has helped to keep it all together.

My body shop guy advised applying them wet with washing up liquid, when they dry out they stick better and without the creases? you'll have to try that one.

Ph1 Non Sport
i'll give it a blast mate cheers for advice .. thinking bout doing my mirror covers and some wind deflectors when i get them :)