ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen

Clio 1.2 shed :)
basically my windscreen has developed a small crack and a chip over the past year, it's due an MOT soon and I'm wondering if this could fail it as its in my vision? Insurance doesn't cover widescreen (never looked when got insurance) so could be a pain if it does :(
Any info would be greatly appreciated :) thanks!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
What clio is it, a windscreen for my trophy was only £120 fitted from national windscreens

Clio Sport 1.2 16V
Had my windscreen on my 55 plate campus sport for £85 - auto glass wanted shy of just £600!

But I had a quote for £130 from another windscreen company so 130-150 seems the norm I suppose

Thanks for the info guys, it's an 02 expression so can't see it brig any more than what you guys paid? Haha, looking at that link it seems to be 40mm cheers :) i'll ask a a garage before I do anything about it, could get lucky coz i dont think its over 40 mm. just thought I'd ask on here first haha.

Yeah I noticed that, the crack is on my line of site and I'm hoping it's only 10 mm, al measure sometime soon :) knowing my luck it'll be 11 mm haha,, thanks again!

Mk4 Mondeo Estate
To be honest mate you'd be better off just getting the windscreen changed because it will only get bigger, you could drive it to test with it being 9mm, hit a bump outside of the garage and it cracks more meaning your car will fail.

Yeah probably, it has been there for ages too, my girlfriends brother in law is a mechanic so al see if he could pass it for the time beingas money is tight ;) haha!