ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Windscreen washers not working, motor still makes a noise

Looking for 182
Sup?

I have a 182, and the windscreen washers are not working (the headlight ones are working fine). I hear the motor, there is liquid in the washer bottle thing, but nothing sprays out :dapprove:

Any ideas?

E90 320d
Get a pin and poke it in the holes. Mine got blocked up pretty simple to fix. Also there is a guide on the guides section for it

Check pipes aren't blocked. It may be time for a new pump. I had the same issue on the Ph1. You can get a replacement for less than a tenner at Euro Car Parts online.

The rubber on the piston in the pump swells over time.

Does your rear wash wipe work as it is the same pump just running in reverse. If does it's probably a blockage, if it doesn't probably the rubber in the pump.

I took a very thin slice off the rubber on both sides of the piston in mine and that fixed it for me.

You get a new one for 6/7 quid off ebay though - they were listed as for a pug or citroen though can't remember which model.

BG PH1 Megane 225
This happened to me a few weeks ago, turns out the pipe leading up from the bottle/pump area had gotten squashed in the bonnet hinge causing a blockage. Felt like an idiot. :eek:

Worth a look as you never know eh!?

Vivaro van
Mines nearly doin this, takes a few seconds after the pump noise to get water out the jets, but my problem is the rubber hose is leakin out the pressure near the tank so mayb urs has split there, look in pasenger side wheel arch after u try sprayin to see if water drips out then ur no

CursedTitanium 182FF
For anyone changing their pumps soon, Euro Car Parts has an on-line only 50% off. You can pick up the pumps for less than £5 now, buy two for the price of one and change them both at the same time so you don't have to do the other one a few weeks/months later.