ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

windscreen info please....

PH1 V6
I will cut to the chase.... (i dont have windscreen cover btw so am paying cash)

My windscreen got a large chip which has now turned into a crack (large crack). bottom line of this is it now needs to be replaced. Obviously the clio sport has Auto Wipers. The company i am going through cant get hold of a windscreen with a rain sensor pad for 2 weeks, however, they have a normal screen without the sensor. there is quite a big price difference.

To be honest i couldnt really care less about auto wipers... aslong as i have a slow, medium and fast setting on the manual stalk then thats all i care about.

My question is.... at the moment i have the automatic setting which you can adjust the intermittant wiper speed etc.... then i have fast and really fast setting.

If i was to lose the sensor pad.... would that just leave me with fast and really fast...? basically i want to make sure i have a slower setting available so im not kaning my wiper rubbers in drizzle rain lol

i know i sound like an idiot but any help would be appreciated lol

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i don't think cups have auto wipers so maybe you could get hold of a wiper stalk of one of them or a lower spec clio?

PH1 V6
yeah thats a good point.... thanks dude.

surely someone on here must of had a replacement without sensor or if someone with a cup could shed some light?

As said not fussed about auto wipers but if it means i dont have a slower intermitant setting then i may aswell wait and get the OE.

172 /megane cab
how much have you been told for the screen / i smell bull sxxx on the cant get one for 2 weeks

Clio 1970000000
What's the difference in price? I would wait and get the right screen, especially if you are going to keep the car for a while.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
If you turn the auto wipers off, then intermitant is adjustable should work fine and the speed can be adjusted using the sensitivity ring I think. I could be wrong but I'm sure someone can confirm if this is true or not.

PH1 V6
dont have windscreen cover on my current policy and my insurance is up for renewal in 3 weeks time. The screen is £110 fitted. a rain sensor screen is £175 fitted.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
That's not too bad IMO, albeit percentage wise it's a lot but for some reason I had quotes of £300 in my head. I think I'm having one of those days, think I'm completely wrong about turning off auto wipers too.

PH1 V6
infact i think im actually retarded.... i dont even think my PH1 has auto wipers...... its got the intermittent wiper setting but thats not auto wiper..... iv never actually looked into it or bothered to find out how they work.... shows how bothered i am lol

could anyone confirm how i check to see if it has them? lol

PH1 V6
then you have answered my problem! just aswell i havent already got a screen fitted, or in other words the wrong bloody one!

Cheaper Screen = winner lol

Cheers

not a bloody clio!!!
Try AutoWindscreens mate we have a massive price war on at the moment

Should be cheeper than anywhere else tbh

PH1 V6
thanks mate but already got an order through another company. was enquiring on here last minute to see if i needed to cancel that order and find a rain sensor one.