ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Will a 32" TV fit in the boot of a clio?

you might be able to get it in if the box isn't so big may have to take off the parcel shelf, i managed to get a 50" tv in my car (back seats down).

Sunflower Ph1 172
seats down, and maybe front seat forward... got my 43" home in the back of the ph1 but was driving like a woman. upright.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
yes they will fit without seats down. You will have to remove the shelf, stand the up in the boot and then pack them tight with a sheet of somekind (i used a large curtain).

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So 2 will fit in the boot with no parcel shelf, on there sides?

Getting 4 lads, 2 tvs, 2ps3s, xbox and loads of clothes etc in is going to be fun.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Lol no, just doing some taxi work, means I don't pay fuel for my 500 mile round trip home.

Golf GTD Mk7
lol. It will be a squeeze i'd imagine. The boxes will make it near impossible i'd imagine. You might have to put one on the passengers knees, or down the centre of the car.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
you've not stated wether it is a thin tv or the old ones :rasp:

if its the old ones id imagine you'll struggle.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
32" lcd, in the boot with seats up, will it fit in sideways? Or do the suspension turret things get in the way?

Clio 172
Ask this man, he can get any TV in any boot

Rapper-Xzibit-Says-Planking-Is-Racist.jpg

PH1 172
You might struggle because the arch of the rear window will make your height space less.

Best thing to do is get the measurements off your friend
Take the parcel shelf out
Then measure the inside of your boot whilst inside the car so that you can get the true height with the boot shut

My guess is they will not fit if in boxes but possibly fit in without the boxes and no stands on the bottom of them

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
i got a 32" led in the back of my old dears twingo, seats slid forward as they dont fold down.

alternator died soon after though, dont think it could cope with the power draw

Stealth 438'd 182
Lol in the boxes definitely not with your two mates sitting in any kind of safety/comfort.. Maybe possible of you don't like em

Without your mates no worries at all

used to work for comet back in the day and i would say no i mean being a tall fucker I barely fit in the back of a clio let alone two tvs in the boxes ps3 box clothes etc etc

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So 2 will fit in the boot with no parcel shelf, on there sides?

Getting 4 lads, 2 tvs, 2ps3s, xbox and loads of clothes etc in is going to be fun.

I didnt put mine on there sides, I acutally standed them up like the would be normally in the boot, one closely behind the other (at a slight diagonal to the boot). There is no room for anything else though like the ps3's (ditch those :p), xbox and clothes....

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
lmao at the number completely useless posts in this thread. He wants info concerning with the seats in the up possition!! lol. best thing to do would be to try it as TV's are all differnt shapes and sizes anyway (regardless of there size).

172 cup
Funny enough last week I tried this. A 32 inch samsung LCD wouldnt fit. I think without the box it will fit, but didnt want to risk it. Bearing in minding the tv stand comes off completely on samsungs.

I ended up putting it across the 2 back seats utilising the seat belts :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If I had to guess, judging the fact he's just giving people lifts home etc, there will be no boxes, these will be TV's that are in peoples rooms etc.

2nd Black 1.2
got a 50" in my back seat strapped in like a child ;) id go for that then two people in the boot, get your priorities straight! (clearly a joke, dont get all P*ssy)