ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why is renault paintwork so pants ?

Not a 320d
By that i mean, is the machine (or monkey) that sprays body pannels and alloy wheels a piece of crap?

Alloys, my spokes look fine, but get up close and theres very little paint covering the sides of the spokes, and in some places i dont think i can see any paint in some places let alone lacquer.

The rear bumper, lacquer is evidently thin in some places, and where the recess is for the plate, there is no lacquer what so ever at the top of it, and yes, you can see it blatantly.

Takes the f**king piss. Im keeping this piece of s**t for another 18 months and then im getting rid, makes me sick. Going Honda FN2 next time, and am i f**k buying a new car again.

Not a 320d
Sounds like it's been re-sprayed to me mate

Brand new car mate, 59 plate.

Its in warranty, but i cat get to evans hellshite because there are some very big speedbumps and ill get grounded on them, i cannot go to the car dealership.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
As the bottom of your doors aswell will have very little paint.

That's life.

Warranty is your friend.

Not a 320d
Im not joking no, the speed bumps are BIG buggers, my car sits on coilovers.

I did ask them about warranty with coilovers, but id be suprised if they dont come up with some bullshit excuse, like the car being too low or something.....

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You won't get any warranty if you have coilovers mate, you are putting extra strain on the suspension.

If you are claiming for any tyre/brake/suspension stuff then take them off.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Why moan about the paint if you can't be arsed to raise you car a bit to go into a sodding dealership.

Not a 320d
You won't get any warranty if you have coilovers mate, you are putting extra strain on the suspension.

If you are claiming for any tyre/brake/suspension stuff then take them off.

I asked them and they said it would only effect suspension related stuff. So not paintwork........

I find the paint on my old bus still looks good 120k later TBH.

Yer, yours is a MK2. My MK2 was fine. My MK3 is not.

Just because it's new doesn't mean it hasn't been resprayed. Rework is quite common, even at the factory. The dealer could also have repaired any damage. It's not that rare. It won't be paintshop paint, as they are sprayed by robots, so rather accurate and repeatable.

Sounds to me like your car has had some rework. The wheels come into the factories pre-painted BTW.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I dont udnerstand, i was complaining about how s**t the paintwork was, whats that got to do with coilovers ? :eek:
I was giving advice mate, I know you were claiming for paint work.

Not a 320d
I was giving advice mate, I know you were claiming for paint work.

Yeaa i know sorry i re read that, sounded like a right knob :(

Soz man.

Ill be pretty pissed off if it is. Ill ask jason for a few photos of his, see what his is like.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've heard about a few RS200s with paint problems, i.e peeling laquer, dirt in the paint.

My new 197 had dirt in the paint and a really nasty run on one of the wings. Both had to be resprayed from new!!

I questioned the dealer on any damage that had happened in transit or in the yard, and they claimed there hadn't been any. So I asked a friend at RUK to confirm, and no work had been carried out to the car, it was just that s**t from the factory.

If work had been done, a cost would have been attached to it somewhere along the line, and there wasn't any.

The Trophy wasn't great either, the top edges of the front wings were rough as hell.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
No offence but they are still cheap motoring.

As Lee said there were things wrong with the paint on both his cars.

As much as you deserve the best at the end of the day in every walk of life the more you pay the better the all round quality will be.

Don't be too harsh on them

Not a 320d
Theres dirt in the paintwork on my boot, ive clayed the entire car when it was covered in fallout, and its clear there are pieces of grit embedded in the paintwork.

Lots of little things like this piss me off about the car at the moment, appauling brakes which work badly from cold and then suffer from brake fade under normal braking, slow as s**t gearbox and an even slower clutch which i still cant pin point the biting point on. s**t driving position, s**t steering. Absolutley HATE the car right now, ive made a huge mistake buying it, and i really miss my 1.2 mk2.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got a run on the edge of my rear quater panel.

Is it obvious? Mine was very obvious, yet somehow made it through Quality Control at the import centre, and Renault Birminghams post delivery inspection. Funnily enough the guy responsible for that claimed to be on holiday that day. A likely story, on holiday on March the 1st, one of the busiest days of the year!

LY 200
Is it obvious? Mine was very obvious, yet somehow made it through Quality Control at the import centre, and Renault Birminghams post delivery inspection. Funnily enough the guy responsible for that claimed to be on holiday that day. A likely story, on holiday on March the 1st, one of the busiest days of the year!

Yeah, its a laquer run right on the edge. The chap at the bodyshop says its not the first he's seen with paint runs.

At the end of the day, he said they are mass produced so there will be issues like these.

Mines not a problem as such, he just offered to cut it off with a raor blade.

Mondeo STTDCI
This is why when u collect a new vehicle u should spend an hour or so checking over it and note every issue.

Collect it is daylight hours and if weather is s**t take a bright torch. You'll look and feel a plum. But you paid for the car and you'll feel less of a plum than if, you spotted defects later and moaned about them on a car forum whilst simoultaneously stating that you can't visit the dealer because your car was too low. LOL!!!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Mine is exactly the same, plus there is a weird paint finish on the bonnet, Will take pics tommorow!

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
ive noticed the poor paint job around the rear number plates on all new clios, white ones look shocking.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It was, and to be honest I never undesrstand spending money like that on a brand new low powered car because of insurance purposes.

Surely start cheap and then when you do spend a whack make it worth it.

Maybe i'm missing something.

Barge
TBH, mate, raise your car slightly and take it in?! If the paint is pissing you off that much surely it's worth doing that to ensure it gets sorted?

I take it you've owned it from new and there has been no damage resprayed during your ownership? Evans Hals**te will be able to check they haven't done anything and RUK will check their end too, in which case it came from the factory painted like that.

Unless you complain to the right people, you can complain all you like on here and get nowhere. And if you refuse to raise your car to get there then you deserve it not to get sorted. Sorry mate, but you're doing yourself no favours by hindering yourself - if you make every effort to get there and you get bad service, etc. then that's their problem not yours.

The key is moaning to the right people. I could write a f**king book on it with Renault.

RB 182
Possibly damaged and re-sprayed before ever getting to the dealer so it wouldn't show up on any history. Although these days they come off the car boats with alot more care than in previous years I've seen there are always going to be slight prangs and scrapes that happen. These get sorted before being sent out to the dealerships.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't mattter who damaged it you have warranty go and use it! Jeez!

At least make them aware of the problem.

Fact is the louder you shout (provebially) the more chance you have of getting something done.

Barge
Fact is the louder you shout (provebially) the more chance you have of getting something done.

Bingo.

Do not give up. Be a constant pain, literally! Ring them several times a week, visit them regularly. They'll want to get you off their back so badly they'll sort it. Weirdly, some dealers will sort it immediately, in my experience Evans Halshaw need to be nagged into defeat.

LY 200
My mate rejected his new Golf because of crap paint.

He had it about 3 months, wrote a letter telling them he was rejecting it and they got him another brand new Golf.