ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Why don't you use high ISO's for long exposure shots?

Works...kind of...
Because you'll be blinded when you upload the shot to your computer. :dapprove:

highisoy0.jpg

Not bad noise handling by my camera though. :cool:

Cupra
30 seconds at 1600 and you still have a clean image. Any post processing done to remove noise? Does it look that nice at 100%? ;)

Because you'll be blinded when you upload the shot to your computer. :dapprove:

highisoy0.jpg

Not bad noise handling by my camera though. :cool:

iso got nothing to do with the effect. dakr night with no street lamps and cars with headlamps on causes that effect lol

Works...kind of...
iso got nothing to do with the effect. dakr night with no street lamps and cars with headlamps on causes that effect lol

Well done? You obviously didn't understand the reason behind the thread. ;)

You're meant to use a low ISO so that the exposure doesn't blow out.

Like this:

IMG_3783c.jpg

I used 1600 by accident, but never realised how good the noise handling is on my 20D.

nothing to do with ISO, thats just bad exposure. changing the iso will just adjust the shutter speed (in av mode) or increase aperture (in tv mode)
depending on the sensitivity of the ISO.

the way to change the exposure would be to adjust the exposure compensation to let less light in

Well done? You obviously didn't understand the reason behind the thread. ;)

You're meant to use a low ISO so that the exposure doesn't blow out.

Like this:

IMG_3783c.jpg

I used 1600 by accident, but never realised how good the noise handling is on my 20D.

Works...kind of...
nothing to do with ISO, thats just bad exposure. changing the iso will just adjust the shutter speed (in av mode) or increase aperture (in tv mode)

I was using Bulb mode in full manual, dude. I like to have full control, so I never use Av/Tv.

Actually, the first shot wasn't bulb.

Top picture was a 30 second exposure, second was 1 minute 30 seconds.

Last edited: