ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which tyres are best?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The term originates from leaf springs slightly contorting to an 'S' shape and then straightening under launch iirc.

I don't know what causes the modern quivelant, possibly gearbox/engine mounts.

I have a new set of pilot exalto 2 tyres to try next, it will be interesting to compare them with the newer ps3.
15'' I presume?

172 Cup
I bought them a few months ago,they came off a set off pro race 1.2 wheels that had run for 500 miles, they have 7mm at least.

Quite surprised as i was expecting them to be PS3's. I'm really wondering if they are superior to PS3's, as i was very disappointed in them; as far as wear was concerned.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Which speed rating do you have? And what pressures do you run?

Also, the compound isn't fantastic in cold 'greasy' conditions IMO, but show me an equal tyre that is.

V rating which is more than enough for a 182. Pressures, 32 front, 30 rear.

I think I'm just not as impressed with them due to when I have had them fitted, Pirellis were fitted in April so the roads were far better over the last few months and the Michelins only went on last month when the roads are now always damp/greasy.

Still not a poor tyre as I never paid anywhere near what they cost. Still plenty of grip, would have to be driving past the limits to make the lose grip etc.

Interesting that many people refer to winter roads as greasy. I also once used this term, and thought that the road was just slippery because of the salt and general grime. Now I use winter tyres, I realise that it was because my tyre compound was rock hard and not gripping the road surface properly. On cold, wet, dry, salty or 'greasy' roads, my winters stick like s**t to a blanket and feel completely safe at all times.

Just saying.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Interesting that many people refer to winter roads as greasy. I also once used this term, and thought that the road was just slippery because of the salt and general grime. Now I use winter tyres, I realise that it was because my tyre compound was rock hard and not gripping the road surface properly. On cold, wet, dry, salty or 'greasy' roads, my winters stick like s**t to a blanket and feel completely safe at all times.

Just saying.

Yep 100% true.

Normal high performance tyres just can't cut it in these lower temperatures. Ideally needs to be above 7-10 degrees for them.

Winter tyres really do make a huge difference, but its rare people will believe it until they have tried them or its too late.