ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Macbook to go for?

RB 182 FF
I currently have a Dell laptop which has served it's purpose for 3 years but I would now like to treat myself to a macbook.

The problem is I'm not sure of the best one for me, tbh I'm not designing or using it for work or anything like that, I just want something for playing football manager and surfing the internet things like that.

I'm edging towards a MBP, but unsure whether I should go for the base model or pay that bit extra.

Also is it worth purchasing from Apple or doesn't it really matter?

Thanks for taking the time to read (if you have that is) :)

ford cougar 2.0 16v
get there reconditioned ones, search the forum there is some good threads on this from two three weeks ago. you get same warranty as new but save a wedge of cash

Abarth 500 Essesse
Find a student and buy one new! ;) The base 13" will do what you need it to. Depends if you really want a 15" screen i suppose. Best of going into the shop and having a look to make your own mind up.

ford cougar 2.0 16v
there are expensive but if you get reconditioned it is same value per pound as a windows equivalent. Plus with the mac you get to dual boot windows and mac os

ford cougar 2.0 16v
just standard macbook. Not the pro, not sure you can get education discount on top of the reconditioned price though. You would get one about £699 i think the last time i checked

Find a student and buy one new! ;) The base 13" will do what you need it to. Depends if you really want a 15" screen i suppose. Best of going into the shop and having a look to make your own mind up.

+1

I bought my MBP 13" last week.
Cost £850 for the MBP
£47 for the Apple Care
£30 for iWorks

Great Success!

RB 182 FF
What discount does a student get?

I have been trying to rack my brain to think of a student I could ask but there is no one I can think off :dapprove:

I was speaking to someone who bought one from PC world who didn't even have to show I.D. so may chance my arm.

What discount does a student get?

I have been trying to rack my brain to think of a student I could ask but there is no one I can think off :dapprove:

I was speaking to someone who bought one from PC world who didn't even have to show I.D. so may chance my arm.

I think with the actual MacBooks its 15%?!

But like with iWorks, I got it for £30 instead of £70... And the Apple Care should have been £200, whereas I paid £47.

Try ringing them. I ordered mine over the phone. All they asked was which University im at and what course im doing.
And would it not be against the law for Uni's to give info to Apple (Data Protection Act n all that), so ive got a feeling that they dont check. May be totally wrong though lol...

Worth a try?! It got me £340 off RRP of everything so cant complain if you can skank the discount lol.

Monaro VXR
Discount depends on the item you pick. 15% on laptops, 12% on iMac's. Software is discounted at different rates as well. Applecare is dirt cheap.

If you go into an apple store just ask to see the higher education discount book. Usually fine with letting you have a look through it.

If you are at Uni (have to be on campus) you can get access to the educational store via the apple website. Have to be on campus though.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)
Discount depends on the item you pick. 15% on laptops, 12% on iMac's. Software is discounted at different rates as well. Applecare is dirt cheap.

If you go into an apple store just ask to see the higher education discount book. Usually fine with letting you have a look through it.

If you are at Uni (have to be on campus) you can get access to the educational store via the apple website. Have to be on campus though.

These discounts are for higher education only tho (university)... college discount is less... Wozza is right about accessing the ed store through the uni network, but if you want to purchase everything from your local Apple store you need to bring in some sort of proof that you are at uni... (letter of acceptance/student card) and something to prove you are that person (passport/driving license), sometimes if someone just logs into their uni email and prove they are that person, thats good enough for me...