ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio sport am I best off getting?

Hello All,

I am unsure on which clio sport to get....

I am certain I want a clio sport but unsure of which one. The things that are a must are:

Xenons
Half Leather and suede Interior

Which one should I get? What would be the best one for me.

Thanks

Most will be spec'd with them now.

Has the Cup suspension, darker wheels and spoiler/splitter.

Or get a 172 and save a few £k's

You'll be after a normal 172 then, you have no need to worry about the cup packs etc (only 182's have those)

You get a 172, and and 172 cup. The normal 172 has the xenons leather and climate. The Cup doesnt.

Yeah they come with xenons and half leather/alcantra etc.

- bit of a can of worms about the pace of them, all in all not much between them all.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks to have been in good condition in the photo's, I think it was a bit of a bargain.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Generally a good indication, 100% standard aswell, no chavy lights or wheels, FSH, Hpi clear. Above average miles reflected in the price, but its even got 6 months tax and mot. It got snapepd up aswell, bargains to be had with this whole credit crunch.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Don't let xenons be the most important thing.

Can pick up good HID kits now for relatively cheap now mate.

I'm in the EXACT same situation, I have £4k to spend and I fancy a Clio. It's so confussing!!! Haha

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
I'm in the EXACT same situation, I have £4k to spend and I fancy a Clio. It's so confussing!!! Haha

With a £4K budget it's not really confusing - you are looking at a Mk2 172, or a 172 Cup.

Cup is 90 kg lighter and like the Lotus Elise of the Clio world. 172, has luxuries, bit heavier and a less sharp chassis. Day to day, more liveable and a nicer place to be.

Any £4K 182 variant would 99% likely be a pile of shite at this price - you'll get a nice 172 though. You could save a bit and go for a Mk1 172, of which you could get a very tidy one for a good budget if you look around. They are lighter (but not as light as 172 Cup), with longer gearing, but uglier (in my opinion of course!)

Sounds like I want a 172 Cup then! As I only use the car for fun really. Thanks for clearing that up mate :)

Clio Sport 172 Cup 16v
Hello

I have a Clio Sport 172 cup and I know this might be the wrong place to post it, but my window wipers have just decided not to work. My rear wiper is fine but the front ones are unfortunately not alive.

It was a bit snowy this morning and frozen up, do you think it could still be frozen or could the cold have caused the motor to seize up? Or the fuse to blow?

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hand solving this problem.

Cheers
Micky :D

Ph1
Hello

I have a Clio Sport 172 cup and I know this might be the wrong place to post it, but my window wipers have just decided not to work. My rear wiper is fine but the front ones are unfortunately not alive.

It was a bit snowy this morning and frozen up, do you think it could still be frozen or could the cold have caused the motor to seize up? Or the fuse to blow?

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a hand solving this problem.

Cheers
Micky :D

You sure your wipers arnt just stuck to the windscreen ?? :eek: