ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which aftermarket 182 exhaust in terms of OEM look??

Impreza Wagon
I'm after an aftermarket exhaust for my 182 and I've done plenty of research but I'm still not sure what to go for? I want it to look as close to standard as possible and not be too loud and boomy.

I was swayed towards the RS192 exhaust but apparently it's a pain to fit however the sound levels are what I want.

Other option was a k-tec as I like the looks but these seem fairly loud.

Do I have any other options?

Stripped yozza'd cup
Real men buy yozza's.

BUT, if you want something quieter, buy a btb. equal best build quality to yozza.

Clio 172
BUT, if you want something quieter, buy a btb. equal best build quality to yozza.

+1
And BTB are available "off the shelf"

Impreza Wagon
I've done the loud exhaust thing on my previous car so I'm a bit over it now and fancy something more refined haha.

I've not looked into the BTB exhausts I'll take a look now, if they're are anything like the 106 ones they're pretty pricey!

E46 M3
Soundwise the Janspeed sport with the centre silencer is very close to OEM, the tips are a larger bore however.

Abarth 500 Esseesse
The RS192 isn't that much of a pain to fit. Just make your it's all aligned before tightening. Cable tie some old sockets into the exhaust mounts if need be.

PS. I'm not the handiest when it comes to mechanical stuff but one day I felt anal so I bravely removed my RS192 by myself on my driveway to polish it. Refitted it afterwards which was a bit of a pain but then it would be...on a driveway...on your own...if you aren't a a handy mechanic or DIY mechanic.

Edit wh0rage on this sorry

Get a new exhaust fitting kit from Renault themselves. Cheap ones are w**k.

Last edited:
  Stripped yozza'd cup
They are pricey, but I can't think of a single person that has regretted buying one. Rave reviews all round.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My magnex is uber quiet, shame they don't make them anymore.

In term of OEM look none have small tail pipes?

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
I went for the Janspeed and kept the silencer. Its lush, and the tale pipes fit the rear perfectly.

Sam!

Renault Clio 182
I had a BTB fitted about 2 weeks ago on my 182. They had 3 left when I rang to enquire...a few days later they had two. It cost a fair bit but I am happy with the results.

I think they are selling them for £650 at the moment but fitting is extra I believe.

Impreza Wagon
I had a BTB fitted about 2 weeks ago on my 182. They had 3 left when I rang to enquire...a few days later they had two. It cost a fair bit but I am happy with the results.

I think they are selling them for £650 at the moment but fitting is extra I believe.
£650 is a lot but i suppose you pay for quality!

I might go for the ktec supersport after watching some vids

Lionel Richie
YS is £200 less and the quality (going off their stealth i fitted today) is equal, plus the YS is lighter, AND you're only down the road ;)

Clio 172

Re BTB, phone them, they were offering free fitting for Cliosport members as far as I know.