ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where to wire this iPod connector

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi, just bought an iPod connector for my headunit and it charges the iPod too, my question is how and where is the best place to wire the positive and negative lead. Negative has a ring on the end.

untitled.jpg

Thanks

Cigarette Lighter Negative and Positive wire is a good shout if the wires reach.
Then it'll turn on and off with the ignition.

Failing that, as said, splice into the existing ignition wire on the radio loom, can't remember the colour on the existing loom off my head.
Then Black negative, either wire to a nearby bolt/screw, or splice into negative loom wire.

Just cut the ring connector off if need be.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Was thinking about the Cigarette lighter but not so sure they will reach. If anybody knows what colour the ignition wire is on the radio looms that'd be a great help. Can't seem to find with the search function

Mk2 Ph2 1.2
Ignition live is usually yellow, Unsure on clios. Are you using the standard HU ?

If you can get a pic up of the connector + wires I should be able to tell you. Can't remember off the top of my head.
You could always extend the red wire to reach the cigarette lighter.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
It was the yellow one. Thanks for the link to the PDF and all other help.
Lead isn't working but got a multimeter on it and that's fine so think its the aux not working on my headunit

Black Gold 182 FF
I dont think that will work anyway. The blue connector is for the CD changer and that is a digital interface, not analogue audio. The green connector is the correct one for the AUX and that only works with the update list head unit which a 172 probably does not have.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Just checked it with another iPod as suggested by James28 so cheers for that mate, it works perfectly plays audio and charges. Now it was my iPhone I was trying but I believe the dock connecters were changed slightly so I need to source/make up some sort of adapter to rearrange the pin outs.
Thanks for all the help