ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Where do you see your clio in 40 years..

Fiesta ST-3
Most of us will sell cars on every few years or so. But after driving past a vintage car last night it got me thinking how weird would the clio look in 40 years time.. I will be 62 and my clio 48.

What is a modern, quick little hot hatch im sure will be out dated and s**t... if it isnt already :p It makes me want to wrap the car up for 40 years and keep her as a classic :)

Does anyone actually plan to do this? And do you think you would drive past one in 40 years and think.... f**k...

Who knows where the automotive world will be in 40 years. The little clio would probably be the equivalent of the 2CV by then, laughable.

I'm still waiting for my hoverboard.

320d
I'd say 99% of Clio's currently on the road will be scrapped by them. There may be a few Vee's knocking around possibly.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I think the rare ones will be around in 30-40 years, probably a couple of trophy's will be preserved and a lot of v6's I can imagine

Its only 20 years since the 5 turbo, I cant see them lasting another 20 years without a lot of restoring

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
It'b be a shame to see them all disappear, there's probably a few vee's still wrapped up somewhere sat in a garage!

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Well 205 gtis still look good but obviously dated. Depends which way cars go. If it goes all water powered with no soul etc the Clio mite be a snarling beast in comparison.

Clio 182 + Recaros
nearly all mk 1&2 clios will have turned to iron oxide within the next 10 years

Thats what I was thinking, although you don't actually see that many cars with rust these days. Are renaults prone to rusting more than other manufacturers?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've always said I will never ever sell my clio as its worth more to me than its value, but i'm bred and need a turbo in my life.

Fiesta ST-3
I do find it sad that a car i love so much wont be around in 40 years :( Daniel pay me to store your car for a small fee of sexual favours and you can make space for the turbo.

walker182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
guy-overfelt-my-1977-trans-am-crushed-into-a-cube-1998-2010-steel-a.jpg

Fin !

DMS

A thirsty 172
While I don't intend to get rid of mine any time soon, I certainly won't be keeping it for 40 years.
I'd imagine the next owner will be a spotty little oik who wants something "rapid" to beat his mate's <insert generic chav car here>, so it'll probably end up wrapped around a tree or a lamp post then crushed as illustrated in the above example.

Clio v6
I hope to see mine and read the spotted post on Cliosport. "Hey did you see that 96 year old bloke driving a v6?"

While I don't intend to get rid of mine any time soon, I certainly won't be keeping it for 40 years.
I'd imagine the next owner will be a spotty little oik who wants something "rapid" to beat his mate's <insert generic chav car here>, so it'll probably end up wrapped around a tree or a lamp post then crushed as illustrated in the above example.

This

mikekean

ClioSport Club Member
  996 C4S, 135i, E30x2
I intend to keep my cup racer for the forseeable future. Im going to upgrade it over the next 4 years to the spec i want, by then i will be 25 and wanting to move out and buy a flat so i wont be able to upgrade to something 4WD. Im not going to give up Rallying or Hill climbing for a very long time unless something drastically changes in my life so i can see myself keeping the car for a good 10-20 years. Not sure about 40 years but its a possibility.

The car will more than likely be reshelled 1 or 2 times during that time so wont exactly be the same car, Bit like someone who has had the same broom for 20 years but its had 10 brushes and 12 handles lol