ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel arch liner very slight rub and MOT passing?

Took my car down to my mechanic for another problem with the steering clicking and got him to have a once over of the front end, tyres and joints etc just things you cant see whilst under a simple jacked up car,

Already found out my drivers front wheel was a fail on the inside so thats being changed when the tyre turns up,

But my cars only lowered on Eibach pro kit and there is small rub mark where i go full lock to the left, he said thats a fail straight away, ive read it is to, but is it only fussy testers?

Ah yeah cheers for reminding me that was my next question... is it ok to run no liners at the front and back and pass?

Im not running any rears.

Ive just put 2 brand new tyres on the front, the old ones where just about legal... so more tread would possibly mean more rubbing now, its only fulll lock,

Im only lowered about 2cm on pro kit lol

think it could be lack of a arch liner screw i havent had a propper wheel off look yet

Might just take both fronts off for MOT but its an effort doing that.

I'm missing half an arch liner and the tyre rubs on the other half of the arch liner under cornering. It's worn the arch liner down a fair bit but it passed fine. Not even an advisory on it.

Ok mate cheers i think ill keep them in and say i know if anything is mentioned, brand new tyres give the backup behind saying i had a nail and that caused the marks or similar.

clio mk1 RSI
defo fussy testers had 17's on my old ph1 and they rubbed all i did was take the wheel off and where it was rubbing cut that piece out.

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
should be fine i reccon, what was causing the clicking on the steering? Mine does this often and i've just left it haha

Ok cheers ill leave them in, if they say anything ill say i can take them off at home if you want,

Im not sure about the steering click, its not the very quiet clicking you get which i think is the indicator cancelling mechanism, its a problem in the steering column and im not sure what it is at all at the moment

Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Ok cheers ill leave them in, if they say anything ill say i can take them off at home if you want,

Im not sure about the steering click, its not the very quiet clicking you get which i think is the indicator cancelling mechanism, its a problem in the steering column and im not sure what it is at all at the moment

Yes I know what you mean lol, very loud. I'll have to get mine sorted soon :/