ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats your mileage and hows it driving

These type of engines do get more rev happy with miles. Mines on 48000 and revs freely and i seldom need to floor it!

Gear knob fell off the other day though....damn those onion munchers!

Clio Cup

172 sold at only 9k miles rattled like f*ck and had a mind of its own, some days it would start up other days wouldnt want to go anywhere. 182 was fine apart from a leaking coolant bottle and it not feeling as fast or handling as good as the 172.

172cup

2003(52) 172 CUP.... 35,875 MILES.... RUNNING WELL... BAR VVTI VERY LUMPY

(CONSIDERING I THRASH IT... AND ITS DUE FOR ITS NEXT SERVICE)

FEW SQUEAKS, RATTLES AND KNOCKS.... BUT NO ONE NOTICES THIS WHEN THEY ARE HOLDING ON FOR DEAR LIFE LOL

51reg 172 - 28k - Having that wont start first time thing but apart from that she is running like a dream.

Looking forward to 30k ;)

05 plate and 2.5k...unfortunately I dont get to go above 4.5k revs most of the time cos my driving is mainly round town (in traffic queues!)...but its fun when I get to go for a spin. It seems to get a second wind above 5k revs and feels like its going to take off. All cars seem faster after theyve been on a good run/burn...clears the crap out and opens them up (you can tell Im not a mechanic). Cars are supposed to be faster when its colder as well arent they?

My mate says his 3yr old 172 is getting faster all the time....I hope thats true.

Slightly off topic, but what (standard) cars shouldnt you take on in a straight line? Everyone asks if I get people wanting to race me, but I cant say Ive noticed.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold

62k Dynamique 2001 Y plate (new shape)

Had service every 3-4k and every bit of care i can give it lol

running sweet as a nut still

Mines an 05 54 plate registered in January 05. Its now done 9800miles. Still drives as sweet as the day it was delivered, although its faster, and rattles a bit more now :p

I never get bored with it. Today I drove my 306XSi for the first time in months, and it felt like a boat in comparison to my Cup. Quite something for a car I once considered to be a superb drivers tool.

renaultsport clio 182

y reg 2001 phase1 172 24,700,runs spot on,pulls well only problem is a sqeeling auxillary belt that comes and goes apart from that really impressed.:D

51 plate 172 on 24k miles. Doesnt feel anywhere near as quick as my old mk1 did when i sold it on 36k miles, but that didnt really start to feel quick until 30k miles.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

53 plate 172 - 18103 loosening up nicely and 39mpg

52 plate 172 cup 28966 very loose and nimble, 36mpg

Wiliams is on 103k or so not had it long but its quick.

Dcis on 46k or so definatly got quicker at 5,10 and 20k. Changing the oil though has helped at 45k feels much more willing to rev.

05 plate 182 - 4200 miles. Feel it get that little bit quicker everytime I take it on a good run :D

It doesnt pull as well with the air con on? :confused:

I noticed one hell of a difference when I had my oil changed with elf 5/40 at 3000ish miles!

I think the AC saps a tiny bit of power, but the reason you notice it, is more likely that when you need it, its a hot day, and the car will be slower on a hot day because the air is warm and less dense.

54,000miles and its knackered! New engine being fitted with only 21,000miles on the clock, Bodywork currently being resprayed to get rid of any imperfections and stone chips and my alloys have been refurbished.

Should hopefully drive like new when i finally get it back.

133/225/CLS AMG

Im glad to see that most people are having good experiences with there 172/182s.

Does seem that the problems that people do have are major ones though!! :confused:

RB182cup&golf gti

2800 on the clock now (182 cup) just been out in it and it scared the sh1t outa me its that quick, definitely getting quicker

browno

ClioSport Club Member

182 now on 5800, and feels good ( or will do when I stop the exhaust blowing!) although I drove my brothers 172 the other day (18000 miles, 04 plate) and it felt so much looser and willing to rev, even on a fairly steady run...

LY 200

I thought my 91k valver engine run pretty well but iv just had it replaced by a 45k williams engine and it runs totally mint!!!

Hope to keep it that way for long time too!!!:D

Clio 182 / Lotus Elise S1

Done 22K from new on my 04 plate 182 now... it gets quicker every week, Im sure! :D No probs so far.. due for its second service in 2K miles.. (thats about 5-6weeks for me).

mines on 76k and as quick as a whippet doing 33-37 mpg

except the night i 1st bought it i did a full tank in 3 hrs less then 100 miles oppss

52reg 172, just about to roll on to the 15k mark (previous owner was an 30yr old business woman :).
doesnt start first time in the morning (imobiliser problem i reckon)...
makes squeeking noise from behind the steering wheel on hot days...
and goes like a rocket

think ill get in to renault garage for the above problems before it warranty expires.

B-road bully

mines a w (2000) on 47k worried bout the value when i come to sell it tho, wont it make a big difference?