ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats worth more?

audi B5 rs4
as above, whats worth more a mint clio 172ff with 30-40k miles or a 172 cup with 30-40k miles?

i know the ff was worth more new but due to the cup being limited numbers and the better car (myopinion) what do you lot think?

cheers

eddie

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
ID rather have a Cup, but in theory the NON CUPS come with more so should be more expensive?

182 ff silver
everyone knows there is no such thing as a ff 172 but also everyone knows what he means! so everyone chill out!

i think the ff version would be worth less but would sell easier, a cup would sell for more but is harder to find someone who wants to pay alot of money for a clio with no leather a/c abs etc!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Too many variables. The cup is better looking, and rarer, but also harder to insure, and less spec. Would depend on condition more than anything.

audi B5 rs4
i was thinking the cup was worth maybe £500 extra due to its colour and it limited numbers, but each to there own.

cheers for the comments

Focus ST
I disagree. Cups with CC are pointless. The biggest weight loss comes from the removal of CC, so why stick it back in?

I lost weight to make up for this

As if it's such a big thing anyway, i prefer the cups for the colour, wheels, spoiler etc

Not because it's 0.00000001 of a second quicker due to no air con

200 Gordini
lol at the FF police... theres no such thing as a 182 ff either but SO WHAT.

Cup normally get a few hundred more, but id say worth a bit more in the future.

FF (full fat) is what people incorrectly refer to a 172 as.

172 is the normal version. Leather etc etc
172 Cup is the other variant. No leather/xenons.

182 is a basic one.
182 FF is whats meant by a 182 with cup packs (suspension/spoilers)
182 Cup comes with the cup packs but no leather/xenons

RB + LY 182 FF
you look on ebay most of the Clio sports for less than £3000 are clio cups. My opinion they are worth less.
a decent 172ff wont go for less than £3000

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
182 Cup does not come with cup packs, IIRC the 182 cup and cup packed suspension are different.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Not 100% but people go on about Coilovers fitting 182s and 182 cups, but not cup packed ones.

*Currently checking i'm right*

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
i thought the 182 and cup packed 182 had one type of bolt spacing, then the 182 cups had another?

So still only 2 types.

Im not 100% sure mate. Im sure Gaz will know.

I think weve gone way past the FF thing now and people will just get even more confused! lol..

I dont see any logical reason why Cup/Cupped should be different.

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
i thought it was the "normal" suspension had one bolt spacing and the "cup" had another lol

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Just PMed the kevs lol.

When we find the answer Revels should do a deleting posts cover up.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Well no one seams to know lol, been advised ask on RenaultSport.co.uk