ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What's this dashboard light?

Latest problem with my clio!

Driving home today and the SERV light came on, and this little light started flashing. Is this the check engine light?

The car felt very rough on idle and under accelleration (limp home?) and now was really lumpy when I just started it, the exhaust is puffing like a diesel and stinks something terrible.

Any ideas? :dapprove:

Attachments

• DSC00133.JPG
    DSC00133.JPG
    171.2 KB · Views: 76
  Renault Clio 1.2 16v
Its called a MIL light, useualy means there is a problem with the engine.

For example, my vectra used to get this one on all the time because the fuel pump was on the way out.

Deffo needs diagnostics, local mechanic should charge around a tenner... then you can start pricing up the damage ;P

Best of luck

Hope this helps

P.S water can get in if it was intensional, and may not cause a problem but depends how much water your talking about, genraly though water in your fuel tank means time to bleed your fuel tank 'dry'

Its called a MIL light, useualy means there is a problem with the engine.

For example, my vectra used to get this one on all the time because the fuel pump was on the way out.

Deffo needs diagnostics, local mechanic should charge around a tenner... then you can start pricing up the damage ;P

Best of luck

Hope this helps

Thanks mate, really helpful. Getting it towed tomorrow to where I bought it, it's still under warrantee so want them to check it first!

I was jetwashing it ealier and the petrol cap blew open, the hose was only on the fuel filler cap for a couple of seconds so it wouldn't have been a lot.

172 turbo
just out of interest when u start a 172 are all of the lights on dash ment to go on and come off scared now :S?

My flashing light is intermittent so I started it with the indicator stalk button pressed down to take the picture, which is why all my dash lights are on.

It's also why I'm doing 120mph :cool:

My flashing light is intermittent so I started it with the indicator stalk button pressed down to take the picture, which is why all my dash lights are on.

It's also why I'm doing 120mph :cool:

Bullshit asshole....your 1.6 can't do 120mph :p :p

Could when it was new, according to Renault :/

LOL were they testing it down a big hill with a tail wind? Actually for all I know it might be able to do 120mph, I wouldn't know what the power was like past 71mph :eek:

Car's fixed now, was just the bloody coil. Could have fixed that myself. The AA let me have an aftermarket coil for £25 though so it's not all bad.

It's only got one original one left now so I'm going to change that asap, the other two are aftermarket ones I might give them another six months or so.