ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the best exhaust system for my 182 i have both janspeed or scorpion

clio 172 corsa turbo300hp
rite i just bought a k-tec janspeed sports exhaust system off (182cup) very happy with it but i bought a decat off the net two days ago of a company on ebay i had the parcel today and for some mad reason they send me a full scorpion exhaust :eek: system for my 182 landed but what i need to know know whats the best janspeed or the scorpion as in bhp and noise

monaco 172
neither of them will give you ghp gains so just fit em both and see which you prefere the sound of.

I don't know about the exhausts, but that's bloody marvellous! Free stuff ftw!

i know mate landed but what would you say sounds the bes cause the scorpion has fatter pipeing and the pipes coming out off the back box is like double the size off the janspeed ones

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
i got a rs192 by scorpion. it was a choice between the same two for me and i opted for the rs192 system. im very pleased. on tick-over it has a slight rumble but when driving its very subtle. motorway driving is fine and even goin slow through the towns its loud, just slightly louder than standard. as for gains you dont seem to notice any diffence. the slashcut tailpipes fill the rear holes nicely too. oh and i have a 182. ive got some pics of me fiiting one on here and ill try and get sound clips if pos.

i got a rs192 by scorpion. it was a choice between the same two for me and i opted for the rs192 system. im very pleased. on tick-over it has a slight rumble but when driving its very subtle. motorway driving is fine and even goin slow through the towns its loud, just slightly louder than standard. as for gains you dont seem to notice any diffence. the slashcut tailpipes fill the rear holes nicely too. oh and i have a 182. ive got some pics of me fiiting one on here and ill try and get sound clips if pos.

that would be great mate if you could

Golf GTD Mk7
even if you buy the more upmarket systems, btb, orb, then you get minimal gains. 5-10bhp tops. The cheaper, off the shelf units are more for noise in all honesty. As mentioned, keep the one you like the most.

You only paid for a decat and got a full system.lol. Nice. You checked they have invoiced you correctly? I'd be suprised if you don't get a phone call. Nice **** up if not though :D

Sprint 172
even if you buy the more upmarket systems, btb, orb, then you get minimal gains. 5-10bhp tops. The cheaper, off the shelf units are more for noise in all honesty. As mentioned, keep the one you like the most.

You only paid for a decat and got a full system.lol. Nice. You checked they have invoiced you correctly? I'd be suprised if you don't get a phone call. Nice **** up if not though :D
From memory, the BTB 182 system started to gain both power and torque from 4000 rpm onwards. Resulting in a gain of 6bhp at 5000rpm (Can't remember the torque). Peak power was up 2bhp and 3lb/ft torque at 200 rpm higher. Figures obtained from same rolling road by Shed Motorsport who initially commissioned the system.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
Having seen the Scorpian system on a couple of cars I would definately stick with the KTR/ Janspeed system ;)

David.

Having seen the Scorpian system on a couple of cars I would definately stick with the KTR/ Janspeed system ;)

David.
ive put on the k-tec one and i am so happy with it looks so sweat my mate put the scorpion one on and its sounds a bit to boy racer for me lol