ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

182 acceleration and ktec exhaust system videos

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
So I recorded the exhaust noise to send to my brother last week. Then one morning on the way to work i decided to record the acceleration to get a better idea of 0-60 times. I figured this would be around the 6.0-6.5 second mark with a good launch.

Exhaust is the Ktec Janspeed 2.25 system with no centre silencer and ktec 2.25 decat. I think they may have stopped selling this system now, which is a shame as it sounds amazing:

Also look at that Racing Blue shine :)

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Same exhaust i had, was quality.

Next job, remove the warning lights lol?

Yeah, I'd read sticking the lambda behind the heat shield worked, so did this a while ago, and just bought a plug for the decat. But it lasted about 2 days before the light came on again, i've cleared it a couple of times, but keeps coming back on. Not got around to grabbing a spacer yet, but hopefully that'll do the trick.

monaco 172
I wouldnt worry about it, it'll fail the mot with a decat pipe on anyway weather the light is on or off.

Exhaust sounds great, makes me miss my old 182 with the same system on

2004 Renault Clio182
Would love to have this exhaust, any one know if I can get this from somewhere or has it gone forever :cry:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting noise comparison. I went for the same system with the unsilenced centre section, but kept the CAT for MOT reasons. Mine sounds very similar as you'd expect - but not as raspy, if that makes sense?

I do remember the system being a bargain for what I paid at KTEC for it. Might be getting on a bit now as it must be around ten years old?

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Probably the best set up I had on any of the clios. Although the pms on a phase 1was nice

Darryl_1983

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 Cup
Probably the best set up I had on any of the clios. Although the pms on a phase 1was nice

I think it was one of your video clips that sold this exhaust for me to be honest. I prefer the raspy sound over the boomy sound a lot of the 2.5" systems seem to give.

Would love to have this exhaust, any one know if I can get this from somewhere or has it gone forever :cry:

I bought this second hand from the classified on here for about £150 from memory. The decat i bought from ktec though, as the 2.25 sleeved decat isn't a regular size, most other systems are 2.5.

If you want one, could be worth asking on the facebook groups as they seem to get more activity these days than on here.

Interesting noise comparison. I went for the same system with the unsilenced centre section, but kept the CAT for MOT reasons. Mine sounds very similar as you'd expect - but not as raspy, if that makes sense?

I do remember the system being a bargain for what I paid at KTEC for it. Might be getting on a bit now as it must be around ten years old?

To be honest, i found the decat made quite a difference to the noise levels, i actually looked to buy the centre silencer recently to find they'd stop selling them. It's not really a nice place to be at 70mph with the rear seats, etc removed. But most of my commute is 40-50mph average speed zones, and it's not too bad at these speeds, provided you don't need to talk to a passenger or make a phone call. I've kept the decat on, because the noise it makes at higher revs is awesome, and i'd miss this more than i'd appreciate a but less noise at motorway speeds, which i rarely do in this car anyway.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
that sounds great! I had their newer system on my 182 cant remember what its called the one that comes with all its own mounts so it sits nicely etc and I had the silenced decat for it, sounded nice but a little too quiet, pretty much sounded as the car should have standard which suits me as im old and boring now