ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the average 172 Cup Mileage these days?

What mileage is your cup on?

• 0-20,000

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 20-40,000

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • 40-60,000

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • 60-80,000

Votes: 13 14.6%
  • 80-100,000

Votes: 23 25.8%
  • 100-120,000

Votes: 17 19.1%
  • 120,000+

Votes: 21 23.6%

• Total voters

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
If you have a 172 Cup, what Mileage are you on? Cast your vote above!

With Cup prices being tipped to increase over the next few years, it'd be interesting to get an average mileage for the car, now some are reaching 16 years old!

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for the votes guys, keep em up. More the better!
Judging from the results so far, the average cup mileage is approx. 78k miles. A bit less than mine :pensive:

Would be super interested to find the two people who own Cups on less than 20k? They're hugely swaying the results.
Must be worth a small fortune! SHOW YOURSELF!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Believe it when I see it :wink:

Maybe 17k*

IMG_2288.PNG

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Mines on 91k miles, want to keep it below the magic 100k miles, but love driving it too much!!
I have just purchased a Clio 200 with cup pack, so hopefully that will help to keep the mileage down.

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
I wish I had 2 of them. One I could drive all the time, the other, a really low mileage one, to keep the mileage low, if that makes sense.
Although I'm a firm believer these cars should be driven, it's just a shame I can't have my cake and eat it.... :smile:

172 Cup
126k and sticking 1000 miles a month on it now.

I've had a low mileage Impreza P1 before and didn't actually enjoy it as much as I worried about affecting future values etc.

Really enjoying just using the Clio care free. Getting suspension and steering refresh next week so the odo is just a number anyway

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
126k and sticking 1000 miles a month on it now.

I've had a low mileage Impreza P1 before and didn't actually enjoy it as much as I worried about affecting future values etc.

Really enjoying just using the Clio care free. Getting suspension and steering refresh next week so the odo is just a number anyway

I can completely relate to this!! If my 172 Cup was really low mileage, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much, for the reasons you mention.

I do wonder which owners have got wise to the fact having a low mileage one = £££ and have unplugged the speedo drive in the box so the miles don't rack up.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Had 36 votes so far, giving a rough average of 91k.
Obviously I can't work out an exact figure, but between everyone who's voted on this thread, I can say we've clocked over 3 million miles together in our Cups 😌

JohnnyE

ClioSport Club Member
  ITB'd Clio
Mines just over 60k poor thing only time it gets used is the drive to sprints and hillclimbs do the event and hope to get home....

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
It’s one of those cars it’s very hard to keep the miles down on. When I had mine I was hammering on miles just purely from an enjoyment factor. Great little car

Clio 172 Cup
Bang on a 100k mine. Cant wait get it out the garage. I had a mk1 focus rs before this and didnt like driving it incase of stone chips etc. Sod doing that again with any car, lifes too short for fannying about like that

Clio 172 Cup
Just had its first test drive round my estate. Couldnt do much with no tax and insurance. But been sat in the garage for 13 months while i do belts and full suspension refurb and hasnt fell to bits or valves smashed together! Soon be out and b road blasting

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Mines on 97k but feels tight as a drum. Previous owner spent a wad on suspension refresh and it feels great for it. Im so glad I bought mine, wanted one for years after longing for one again after owning a new one in 2003.

Wish I'd kept my 54k mint Williams 3 though, would of been worth ££££ now

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Mine has just gone over 80k miles but agree with the above that it all depends on the upkeep and how people treat them. Mine gets pampered to within an inch of its life and I do sometimes think i’m clinically insane :tonguewink:

Rusty Cup
What's up with it? Don't let it die!

Power steering pump sounds rough on start up, something ( I'm assuming top mount related ) makes a near constant knocking noise at low speed, oil doesn't stay inside the engine, rear disks look rough, eml light is on, cambelt is over due, vvt solenoid leaks, tracking is out, radio doesn't work, lots of rust, I can only assume the car has spent considerable time under water.

For more info check out my ad in the for sale section it's the one called " Mint Cup £5k no offers "

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
I have a genuine cup splitter, it's broken into 3 pieces. Is it worth paying to get it repaired?