ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats quicker v6 or 182

Nippy white cup

Lol At about 2-3pm I sent Lee a message that has pretty much come true...although I havent been a part of it (sadly!) And it wasnt a 182 that got 5.8 0-60 it was my very slightly tuned cup that got that...and that was getting 14.6 at the time(not well) so when I got my 14.1 it was either a much better 0-60 or a hugely better mid range. The stats for the V6 as simon posted were not much different to mine so Ill be happy with my shopping trolly for a while yet!

Chris

FWD is a hell of a lot easier, I cant keep up with normal traffic in the kitcar when its wet :oops: especially on wet roundabouts (the car I waved to when travelling backwards wasnt anywhere near as amused as I was - lol ), does that mean it isnt faster? I wouldnt say so. Its all about conditions. If its fastest to break then all the clios Ive seen are very quick! :p

Quote: Originally posted by Chris nnic on 04 August 2005

Lol At about 2-3pm I sent Lee a message that has pretty much come true...although I havent been a part of it (sadly!) And it wasnt a 182 that got 5.8 0-60 it was my very slightly tuned cup that got that...and that was getting 14.6 at the time(not well) so when I got my 14.1 it was either a much better 0-60 or a hugely better mid range. The stats for the V6 as simon posted were not much different to mine so Ill be happy with my shopping trolly for a while yet!

Chris

I reckon the timing gear must have off.....pmsl;)

at least you can go shopping in yours......LOL ;)

and park it safe, as no one will give a ****, they will just think you have come out in your mums car.....lol

Simon.

Lee

BMW M2C

Isnt it nice how the rest of us can post intelligently about this subject but for some reason Simon can only resort to petty put downs.

Sounds to me like you are trying to justify to yourself why you purchased a V6. Just enjoy the car, you chose it so must have wanted one.

I drive the Trophy through choice, gone are the days of spending large amounts of money on a car which offers less enjoyment.

I dont really want to get involved in this thread too much. We all find amusement in different characteristics of a car. I enjoy my Vee because its difficult to drive on the absolute edge. I do feel that youre a bit harsh with this one though Lee:

"gone are the days of spending large amounts of money on a car which offers less enjoyment."

Said my piece. Im off!!

Lee

BMW M2C

That wasnt a dig at the V mitch_, I maybe should have made it a little clearer. The car I was actually thinking of was the Boxter, something Ive looked at a few times but know would cost me silly money to run due to the miles I do. Plus it would have to be an S and they arent cheap.

I know if I owned a V6 it would bring me great enjoyment in a different way to the 172/182/Cup/Trophy.

As Ive said before, driving a V6 to me is an experience, something different, unique, it feels something special, it looks special and it sounds special. I love them, its just not what I want right now.

Pretty much everyone in this thread has so far posted valid educated comments.

Thats cool Lee. I@M not trying to stir the pot. Im the first person to admit that the Vee is flawed, but having driven a Lexus RX400H yesterday, Im glad it is.

By the way, youre right about the Boxster. Standard car is gutless and pale in comparison to the S. A great car, great handling, but doesnt stir my soul....

Mitch

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 04 August 2005

Quote: Originally posted by clarkiev6 on 04 August 2005

v6 is the better car and you POOR peasants know it!!
For the money it costs for a V6 i would have my old EVO (£18k 53 plate)

=presence

=cost

But would leave it for dead in all situation apart from fuel comsuption.

NO EVOs and SCOOBIES are way to CHAVY these days, i see no end being driven by them, wya to comon, but I agree they are fast.....
EVO - not common not chav

Scoob - very common very chav

EVO way better than scoob and V6... Full stop.

Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 05 August 2005

Isnt it nice how the rest of us can post intelligently about this subject but for some reason Simon can only resort to petty put downs.

You will notice that my use of ";);)s" that I am just having a bit of fun mate, jeez, you trophy owners.....;)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by EVOgone on 05 August 2005

Most EVOs - very common and chav

Most Scoobs - very common and chav

Some EVOs faster than some scoobs and V6s ... but not better.

Have a nice day.....;)

Simon

Lee

BMW M2C

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 05 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by Lee on 05 August 2005Isnt it nice how the rest of us can post intelligently about this subject but for some reason Simon can only resort to petty put downs.

You will notice that my use of ";);)s" that I am just having a bit of fun mate, jeez, you trophy owners.....;) Simon.

I know. :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 05 August 2005

Y Fronts - Not common anymore
Boxers - Very common and breathable

= Beef better than Chicken
FM - are you on drugs m8? Or have you been sniffing your Optimax-spitting exhaust again?! ;)

D.

Polo GTi

Quote: Originally posted by Darren S on 05 August 2005
Quote: Originally posted by FlamingMonkey on 05 August 2005Y Fronts - Not common anymore

= Beef better than Chicken[/QUOTE]FM - are you on drugs m8? Or have you been sniffing your Optimax-spitting exhaust again?! ;)D.

hehe nah just bored mate

golf r32 dsg

oi beef is no way better than chicken.....

lol

E92 M3 Monte Carlo

Quote: Originally posted by craigs182 on 05 August 2005

oi beef is no way better than chicken.....

lol
Porks the best you get crackling

golf r32 dsg

after spending all day in my new v6 which i got today, i can see why a 182 mite be quicker on a track....

but on a normal roads the v6 would leave the 182 standing........

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Id have to agree.

The V6 in a straight line would be faster than a 182, especially once the speeds got silly. However, around a track like Brands Hatch with lots of tight bends the 182 would be as fast if not faster than the V6.

Regardless of this, I would much rather own a V6 than a 182. It is not all about speed. A BMW M5 is as fast if not faster than a Ferrari F355, but Id still have the F355.

Its simply a mater of taste. If power is all your interested in and your budget is a round the 182 mark then buy an old Scobby, modded Fiat Coupe 20VT, Nissan GtiR etc.

golf r32 dsg

Quote: Originally posted by _Tom_ on 05 August 2005

Id have to agree.

The V6 in a straight line would be faster than a 182, especially once the speeds got silly. However, around a track like Brands Hatch with lots of tight bends the 182 would be as fast if not faster than the V6.

Regardless of this, I would much rather own a V6 than a 182. It is not all about speed. A BMW M5 is as fast if not faster than a Ferrari F355, but Id still have the F355.

Its simply a mater of taste. If power is all your interested in and your budget is a round the 182 mark then buy an old Scobby, modded Fiat Coupe 20VT, Nissan GtiR etc.

yeah 2 rite mate.....

i havent been able to take the smile off me face all day the v6 is one awesum car...

n the sound hmmmmmm.....

172, Tiguan

Ive yet to come across a V6 that will stay anywhere near me on a trackday and Ive done a few now - as has Lee. However id rather still own a V6 than mine! Actually, no I wouldnt, id have a 350z, but thats moving back to another conversation weve had 500 times.

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 05 August 2005

Ive yet to come across a V6 that will stay anywhere near me on a trackday and Ive done a few now - as has Lee. However id rather still own a V6 than mine! Actually, no I wouldnt, id have a 350z, but thats moving back to another conversation weve had 500 times.
Not to get too off topic but the 350Z is IMO ugly in comparison to the V6. Furthermore, Ive been very dissapointed with their straight line performance as Im yet to see one break 15seconds at Santa Pod...

golf r32 dsg

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 05 August 2005

http://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/z_s-tunegt/top.htmlhttp://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/z_s-tunegt/top.html

Are you nuts!!!

The 350 looks awesome!

Is it wider than a v6, cant be bothered to look it up lol.

Agree with jon though, V6 on the track, no chance......A/B road....even less so....infact, i was in a MK1 172 and a 255 was behind today. Straights.....no gaining/loosing ground either way....corners....bye bye!! V6s want to go straight on....front end like a pogo stick.
rite o....

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 05 August 2005

http://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/z_s-tunegt/top.htmlhttp://www.nismo.co.jp/complete/z_s-tunegt/top.html

Are you nuts!!!

The 350 looks awesome!

Is it wider than a v6, cant be bothered to look it up lol.

Agree with jon though, V6 on the track, no chance......A/B road....even less so....infact, i was in a MK1 172 and a 255 was behind today. Straights.....no gaining/loosing ground either way....corners....bye bye!! V6s want to go straight on....front end like a pogo stick.
OK OK... The 350Z is not exactly ugly but IMO it is not a patch on the V6.

I think it is also worth saying that the mk1 and mk2 V6 have very different handling characteristics, i.e. the mk1 handles like a yo-yo where as the mk2 handles similarly to a 172 cup (I know because I have just upgraded from a cup to a V6).

I really dont think that a 172 or 182 would say bye bye to a mk2 V6. I must admit I have seen a few videos on this forum recently that have made V6s look like milk floats, but I think in the right hands the V6 would never be left for dead by a 182.

oh trust me, i know how diff they handle hahahaha.......ergh....dont get me started on the phase 1.

But is the phase 2 anything like a pointy cup......no way.

im sorry, im certainly not trying to be rude or belittle the car/owner or whatever else might come across. But i find it so hard to understand why some people cant see that its just such a poor handling car. My legacy GTB estate is better, even when it had its std suspension.

182>FRS>VX220 now 350Z

Well Bens summed it up really.

plus my dad has one and hes harder than you haha :D Seriously tho ive always thought the V6 was a little overpriced...no offense but its basically a clio with a V6 shoved in the boot and a big bodykit (runs and hides lol).

However, i really really like them and would love to own one but even second hand they go for like 20k...at which point i start thinking to myself- 350z import? lol. Then theres M5s, old 911s, NSX!?, various TVRs/lotuss. But having said that, end of the day they are a very special car and in my 4 years on the road i have only seen 1 on the road. I guess you could say the V6 is a bit of a posers car :p

[Edited by Gary G on 06 August 2005 at 12:27am]

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 06 August 2005

oh trust me, i know how diff they handle hahahaha.......ergh....dont get me started on the phase 1.

But is the phase 2 anything like a pointy cup......no way.

im sorry, im certainly not trying to be rude or belittle the car/owner or whatever else might come across. But i find it so hard to understand why some people cant see that its just such a poor handling car. My legacy GTB estate is better, even when it had its std suspension.

Believe me Im not getting annoyed at all by your responses. I didnt buy the V6 for performance or track times so this thread doesnt bother me at all.

However, I do find your comments surprising in that as yet (and I must confess that I havent pushed the V6 to the limit) I have found the car to handle as well (if not better) then my 172 cup around tight bends.

Furthermore, my biggest gripe with the 172 was the fact that it used to spin the power away when driving out of a bend (due to the lack of a limited slip diff), where as the V6 should not be affected by this.

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 06 August 2005

reliability, power, looks.........and corners lol.
Is reliability an issue with the V6?

It may have a little more power, but on the road performance (from my experience at Santa Pod) is worse.

Looks... thats a matter of opinion. The dealer that I bought the V6 from was next to a Nissan garage. I had a good look at both cars and the V6 IMO was much more likely to get rogered.

Corners... I must admit EVO rave about the handling of the 350Z, but having not driven one I cant comment.

golf r32 dsg

i think we wud all have vees if we could afford um i just think its jealusy mate....

hahhahaahhhahhahahah

Good, because i dont want it comming across that im sl*gging for the sake of sl*gging.

The v6 has ALOT more rubber on the road than the fwds, traction isnt an issue with all that weight and rubber at the back.

The problem i find is that when you really really push, you have to be so god damned aggressive to get the thing to turn and hold a line. With all that weight, and the suspension flaws i pointed out previously, the light front end just wants push on if your smooth, especially with a high polar moment, its not hard to understand why.

People complained about the rear end stability, but i find the vague as hell front end more of an issue.

Does sound good, ill give you that though....just needs to spin up faster.