ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats a clio trophy worth now?

FRS
Seen ridiculous prices from £4000-£7500!

The main question i want to ask is .. Does a trophy with over 90k drop in value dramatically? And whats it worth? Cheers.

Trophy #382
From what I can tell it really does depend on mileage

Obvious thing is if the dampers have been refurbed and cambelt etc affect price but a few recently with low miles have had a big premium over others

RX7 FD
Sir_Dave sold his 187k Trophy for circa £3k I think. I don't know the specifics though!

A Trophy is worth whatever someone is going to pay for it. I'd get one with comprehensive history inc refurbs/belts etc.

FRS
Was just a query as there is one up for grabs, 12 months mot turinis, ss exhaust, recaros, £3500 sounds a steal.

225 Cup & Williams
The arse has fell out the price of Trophys. If your going for one dampers refurbed or replaced if your lucky and both belt kits done are a must if you don't want to fork out over 1k after you've bought the car.

Audi A5
their two of the main features! take away the spolier and dampers and all you've got left is a red clio.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd go with that tbh

I'm hardly using my car now, and it does cross my mind to maybe own a Trophy as they are more special I suppose.....

It would need to be sub 50k and properly mint though

RS6 C7
I paid 3k for a Cat D with 55k. It's mechanically sounds and needs a few minor bits doing.

I didn't want to buy a high mileage one and then have to get the belts, Dampers etc done and i didn't have 6k to spend on a comparable non categorised car.

It's swings and roundabouts really, At the lower end you have the cat c/d cars and the sheds with no history, no belts done and dampers refurbed or at high end you have mint example but for alot more money.

If you enjoy doing the work etc yourself and bringing a car to standard then a one needing a few bits doing is a good option.

Trophy
All of the missing history and the mileage hits the value completely, however it is still a Trophy, so as long as it has the relevant features that are unique to the car then there will still be some value to it. Prices are dropping quite a bit, especially as 197s are now coming down, I was thinking about selling mine, but then when I drive it I want to keep it for the long term and hope values rise again when it becomes more of a classic!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Unfortunatley as with most 1*2's now and especially Trophy's. At 3-4k they're worth alot more in bits. Which is ashame, but it upsets the boys on the Trophy forum, which is fun.