ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What you use to polish the car.

I have got some zymol carbon to try myself, but have been told its not much better than megs much cheaper stuff!

R-Jay-Cup I know what you mean about curing times I Nxtd my T sport recently amd halfway through curing it rained!

yeh the carbon isnt that good really, i found my mothers carnuba wax is better than zymol, its contains three times more product and is less than half the price

106 GTi

I will keep an eye out.

AFAIK you can get mothers in the Uk without importing it. I will see if I can find the link.

I order a fair bit from the US as long as you get them to send it you as a gift, you can avoid the import duties!

My next purchase will be some Souverän Paste Wax

Before March when the Black 182 arrives as this is supposed to be the ultimate for black.

[Edited by r-jay-cup on 1/1/2005 6:02:00 PM]

[Edited by r-jay-cup on 1/1/2005 6:02:32 PM]

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 01 January 2005

Have any of your guys tried P21s/S100 or Clearkote Carnuba Moose?
Heard they are good but not tried

Can you link to this Souverian (sp) wax

Cheers

I will keep an eye out.

AFAIK you can get mothers in the Uk without importing it. I will see if I can find the link.

I order a fair bit from the US as long as you get them to send it you as a gift, you can avoid the import duties!

My next purchase will be some Souverän Paste Wax

Before March when the Black 182 arrives as this is supposed to be the ultimate for black.

[Edited by r-jay-cup on 1/1/2005 6:02:00 PM]

[Edited by r-jay-cup on 1/1/2005 6:02:32 PM]

yeh you can buy mothers from http://www.crystalclean.ltd.uk/products/products1.htmhttp://www.crystalclean.ltd.uk/products/products1.htm , but again there a little more than i can import from usa for, although they are quite reasonable

i use mothers

scratch remover (for scratches obviously)

clay bar

phase 1/2 and 3 (pure carnuba tin)

and then sometimes top off with reflections

alloy wheel polish

106 GTi

Must give there carnuba a go (tho really I must stop myself from buying more and more Products tho 8 Carnubas on the go as it is!!!!)

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i am glad someone else said bout mothers, i used the 3 stage on mine, for what to apply it with i used

mothers wash - spray over with water, wash with suds panel by panel with a sponge, and then rinse with a watering can to issolate the spread of the water and then chamoix straight away to avoid water spots,

mothers wax and polish i used cotton wool to wax on and wax off, it was recommended by a pro valeter, its so soft it will never scratch..

heres my car after i used mothers
http://forum.cliosport.net/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=13&TopicID=101393&SearchPagePosition=1&search=4+days+cleaning&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=13&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search&ThreadPage=1mothered clio

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by 182blue on 01 January 2005
what do you use ?

At the mo choices of.....

Wash

Megs NXT
Gold Glass
Zymol or
Sonax

Polish

Autoglym Super Resin
P21s Paint Cleanser
Clearkotre Vanilla Moose
Meguiars Show car Glaze #7
Meguiars Swirl remover #9
Meguiars Bodyshop Hand Polish
Meguiars Bodyshop Swirl remover
3M Imperial Hand Glaze

Sealant

Autoglym Extra Gloss
Poorboys EX-P
Poorboys EX with Carnuba

Wax

P21s/s100
Meguiars #16
Meguiars #26
Blitz
Poorboys Nattys Wax
Clearkote Carnuba Wax

I pick and choose as I feel tbh.

My fave combo is Polish with Meguirs swirl free or AG Super Resin. A coat of Clearkote Vanilla Moose Hand Glaze, 2 coats of Poorboys EX sealant and and topped with P21s or Clearkote Carnuba Wax

A multistep process if you have the time. For Paint in good shape and when I havent got all day Vanilla Moose and P21s or Clearkote Carnuba Wax depending on colour. If it is a dark colour the clearkote some times has the edge.

106 GTi

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 01 January 2005
Cheers for the link r-jay-cup  can you recommend any partic product? Cheers

Im looking to get some of the

http://www.pinnaclewax.com/souveran.htmlsouveran

As it is supposed to be the ultimate on Black, ready for the arrival of the 182

For other colours apart from red or Black everyone raves about the Pinnacle Signature Series Wax.

If i wasnt going for Black I would stick with P21s or Clearkote Carnuba from Serious Performance.

r-jay-cup you have more than me lol!!!!!!!!!!

My fave combo is

wash - not realy bothered as the following steps will remove all traces of it

Clay - megs pro clay bar

Polish megs body scrub

Glaze megs hand polish or megs new car glaze

Wax/seal megs NXT or number 16

Will be trying zymol in the spring though!

106 GTi

Brazo, Megs nxt then 16 trust me you will love it!

As for Zymol, i have been there paid the extra £££ and gone back to the above. The Zymol gave me nothing extra apart from a lighter pocket! I guess its one of those things we all have to try out for ourselves. Like me with the Pinnacle its more than I like to spend on wax, I hope its worth it.:confused:

106 GTi

looking very nice both of them, what do you use on your tyres ?

On my tyres I use Autoglym Super Sheen. (trade Product available in 5 Litre Containers) Its just Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber/ Tyre Dressing ( FYI both the same product but one has lemon fragrance) or sometimes I use Megs Endurance stuff.

^^yeh i tried most of the zymol and found it not that amazing really, so on my racing blue what would you use r jay (the definitive answer)

106 GTi

^^yeh i tried most of the zymol and found it not that amazing really, so on my racing blue what would you use  r jay (the definitive answer)

On your car, providing the paint is in good shape which it sounds, so no real need to polish it, and its a daily used car.

1.Clearkote Vanilla Moose hand glaze

2. Poorboys EX-P sealant ( two coats)

3. Topped with a good Carnuba, on a nice blue like that P21s.

106 GTi

.......Without importing them yourself.

http://www.seriousperformance.co.uk/www.seriousperformance.co.uk

I believe Alex does Cliosport discout too, he has a banner at the top of the main site.

I no longer bother importing any of the bits sold by Serious Performance.co.uk. Alex who runs it is a top bloke.

106 GTi

I wash with either megs Nxt or Gold Glass as its available in Largish sizes. But also like Sonax Gloss shampoo, its only 2 quid a litre from the local Vauxhall dealer.

I dry with a http://www.pakshak.com/Pakshak large waffle weave drying towel.

After washing I quick detail with Clearkote Quikshine or Meguiars Final inspection or detail and again Pakshak microfibers.

Those where the towels I got on the s2000 forums group buy. Alex does a good range of Microfiber but I havent tried any as yet.

r-jay-cup, seems youve become the oracle on here re. detailing, sounds like you really know your stuff.

Do you really rate NXT wash, ive been using this and cant tell the diff between this and any other shampoo, apart from the price.

Maybe its because mines silver, but as already mentioned its a bit too cold and damp at the mo to get a decent finish with the NXT wax.

Brazo, Megs nxt then 16 trust me you will love it!

As for Zymol, i have been there paid the extra £££ and gone back to the above. The Zymol gave me nothing extra apart from a lighter pocket! I guess its one of those things we all have to try out for ourselves. Like me with the Pinnacle its more than I like to spend on wax, I hope its worth it.:confused:
I have tried #16 on top of NXT but for some reason on my cup plain NXT seems better:confused:. I have been given some carbon wax, be rude not to try it esp as the starter kits are £100, but not expecting too much!

106 GTi

Brazo as you have been giving it go for it!

If #16 has not added to the look of the NXT I wouldnt waste my time as doing that as an extra step. The only really purpose of adding a Carnuba topper to a sealant like NXT is for a bit of xtra depth and gloss, the NXT will last longer than the wax on top. What colour is your cup?

Chris - With regards to looks after washing with shampoo, all to me look much of the muchness. As long as the car wash is mild, it should just be restoring the look left by the sealant/ wax on the car. Im not sure how much I believe about NXT wash adding to the shine of the NXT sealant for example.

My views on soap is it should be mild on wax and not strip it, but clean well. It also needs to foam up well and provided good slick water to lubricate the paint to prevent the direct marring. When I wash with any of the NXT/GoldGlass/Sonax I use all are used for the above reasons but the results all look the same. I washed my dads car with Halfords shampoo the other day and it looked the same. (Silver)

All of the above foam up well which is why I choose them over the Autoglym wash, Gold Class and Nxt are available in larger sizes whixh is why I go from them. Main wash is Sonax from Vauhall Dealers, very good and is only 2 quid a litre. Like you say there is no difference apart from the price. As long as it doesnt strip the wax and foams up well Im happy.

Quote: Originally posted by r-jay-cup on 02 January 2005

Brazo as you have been giving it go for it!

If #16 has not added to the look of the NXT I wouldnt waste my time as doing that as an extra step. The only really purpose of adding a Carnuba topper to a sealant like NXT is for a bit of xtra depth and gloss, the NXT will last longer than the wax on top. What colour is your cup? Have a look on page 1;)

Chris - With regards to looks after washing with shampoo, all to me look much of the muchness. As long as the car wash is mild, it should just be restoring the look left by the sealant/ wax on the car. Im not sure how much I believe about NXT wash adding to the shine of the NXT sealant for example.

My views on soap is it should be mild on wax and not strip it, but clean well. It also needs to foam up well and provided good slick water to lubricate the paint to prevent the direct marring. When I wash with any of the NXT/GoldGlass/Sonax I use all are used for the above reasons but the results all look the same. I washed my dads car with Halfords shampoo the other day and it looked the same. (Silver)

All of the above foam up well which is why I choose them over the Autoglym wash, Gold Class and Nxt are available in larger sizes whixh is why I go from them. Main wash is Sonax from Vauhall Dealers, very good and is only 2 quid a litre. Like you say there is no difference apart from the price. As long as it doesnt strip the wax and foams up well Im happy.

Yep, the Megs MF towel.

Was doubtful at first, ive always used leathers, but i wont be going back.

Can do the whole car and still cant wring any water out, is very absorbant.

Trick is to use it dry, not soaked like you would with a leather, and of course no fabric softener when washing.

r-jay, know what you mean about the shampoos, thought id try the NXT and expected it to give me something extra, but it didnt. Think ill just go back to triplewax shampoo when its gone.

yeh i found proper chamois are crap, i have been using towels for ages, just wondered what the megs one was like

Shhh

I get home today, to find that my little brother has washed me car with a new yellow duster.?

Anyone see a problem with one of these apart from having yellow duster remains on me car, what the chance of this scratching it.?

133/225/CLS AMG

I cant imagine it scratching the car but would be damn annoying leaving bits of yellow fluff all over it!! lol

I actually bought an electric polisher that runs from the fag lighter. Used it today and brought the bodywork up very well!!

Shhh

Where from.? How much, prices would be ideal on these things, still reading the thread, their are so many, i was worried about using polish on the stripes, incase they blister and peel off the car..

Any stripe friendly polish.?