ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What was the first thing you did to your Clio?

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
Hey guys, long time lurker, never posted anything here!

So, what was the first thing you did to your Clio?
Any suggestions for easy good looking mods?

I got my 1.4 16v a couple of months a go, nothing special but it's been very well looked after with great paint work and I need to keep that insurance LOW!
The first thing I did was black the badges, spray the dash trim, added LED sidelights, LED number plate light and LED interior lights.
10896970_10205285052782310_7725682135501317808_n.jpg

10407044_10205239009111247_8543057863005265203_n.jpg

10921632_10205239051312302_8165064693024860400_o.jpg

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi,that looks in real good nick m8,i wouldnt mess with it much,maybe upgrade cd player,different alloys maybe cup 172 wheels

Clio Sport 197
I gave mine a good wash! Replaced the centre box and rear silencer plus new exhaust brackets, gave it a service (oil, plugs etc) Gave the engine bay a clean to smarten it up.
Next on my list is coilovers and decent tyres (received the car on budgets)

2004 Clio 1.4 16v
replaced the engine as it spat it's belt after 3 days of ownership.

ALWAYS buy one with proof of belts!!! lesson learnt!

I also learned that lesson the hard way, I bought an 04 VW Polo 1.4 FSI Sport as my first car, 4 weeks later the belt slipped and the engine destroyed itself, needless to say I was super P*ssed off! £1500 to fix it so I scrapped it and refunded the insurance and bought this Clio with it :up:

LY 200 EDC LUX
Drive straight back to the 'Renault' dealership as they had stuck the front plate on with sticky pads instead of screws. The engine had warmed up the sticky stuff and the plate fell off when I got home. I wasn't best pleased! Lucky it hadn't happened on the road. I can only assume the cold air kept the plate on, then as it was cooling down on the drive, the engine warmth made them fall off.

172 cup
needed new tyres all round got some conti sport 3's and gave it a good service and change most of the fluids, couple of days later set off to the ring, alternator went 20km away, 455 euro bill, apparently parts are dearer over there :/.

Needs power steering sorting now, but love the car. Enjoy yours, i had a 1.2 16v in black great car.

Ash

sidey

ClioSport Club Member
  cup'd arctic 182
Brakes: Brembo discs, greenstuff pads (I found them fine for road use despite what everyone on here will say) and braided lines.

Silvervisions, stubby aerial and skoda splitter because sheep!

2003 Clio 172
Honestly, not much.
Removed the CD-changer and replaced the HU with an Alpine unit I had laying around.
Bought a RS Tuner and Cup spoiler after less than two months of ownership but I have yet to get both fitted!

Clio Sport 172
Put it away in the garage for 2 months until my old cars insurance expired, then swapped it over and set it free.
Also fitted a cargo net to the boot and changed the head unit over.

Ex 182 owner
Drove it to Birchdown for belts, rear discs, pads, goodridge hoses and all fluids. Expensive first trip but I like knowing it's all done from the off.