ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what u think ov my phase 1 clio 16v? any thaughts on new mods?

Status
Not open for further replies.
  clio 1.8 16v phase 1
its a 1.8 16v ie,it has viper cams,straight through exhaust,pipercross air filter,chipped ecu,lowered 60 mil all round,momo steering wheel,williams blue paint job with gold flake glitter,new shape clio wheels off a 52 plate,amgel eyes,clear black lexus back lights,momo steering wheel,kenwood 6x9s and head unit...........
4e18640799aba_1.gif
4e1864079601c_1.gif

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The lights and the wheels make it look pap in my opinion.

I had angel eyes on mine when I bought it and I threw them in the forest. Hateful things.

I don't think the standard mk 2 alloys look that bad. I mean they don't come across as being out of place or "look at me"

Colour code the bump strips?

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Looks chavvy. It's far too low and has terrible lights. Older cars are so much better when they look well looked after and standard.

Stripped yozza'd cup
Completely agree, the lights are terrible....

The wheels are ok, not as nice as the standard valver wheels though.

clio 1.8 16v phase 1
all any1 has done so far is **** the car off i only asked thaughts n have said the lights are going but all that ur doin is slagging off what the fuk is the point f this site u see new shape clios lookin like bangers but u all say they look good wht the fuk is happoenin

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, therefore they express it when requested. Don't get all bitchy just because someone said your car is not to their taste.

ProTip: Learn to take criticism when you ask for a critique.

Also, I agree on everything said. There are nice a few nice MK1s on here, take a look.

all any1 has done so far is **** the car off i only asked thaughts n have said the lights are going but all that ur doin is slagging off what the fuk is the point f this site u see new shape clios lookin like bangers but u all say they look good wht the fuk is happoenin

No. Any Clio that looks sh*t regardless of age gets slated. Post pictures on a public forum and you have to be prepared to accept there may well be several people who don't like it.

Why are you so upset over the opinion of people you don't know anyway?

clio 1.8 16v phase 1
yeah well im a newbie,new to renaults it started off on 17ns now im tryin to put it back to standard but lowered but all u lot are doing is slaggin it off

clio 1.8 16v phase 1
yes and as i said i am trying 2 get it back standard but i am keeping the wheels,ur meant 2 be a clio website where people ask for your opinions but all u do is **** it off instead of givin opinions,yeah i kno the angel eyes and rear lights are s**t and yeah i didnt like the 17ns so i put it on new shape clio wheels but u lot just try run it down i only asked 4 ideas

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
looks w**k, put it back as it should be and all will be better with the world.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Ask for opinions, then twists knickers. The reason all anyone has done has "**** it off" is because it doesn't look very good.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
pics arnt working btw! but by the looks of the above comments, thats for the best!

I could tell how this tread was going to go as soon as i saw "what U think OV my phase 1 clio 16v? any THAUGHTS on NEW MODS?"

someone thinks their car is cool because everyone in their friendship group is into chavlights,
they post it on a forum expecting similar opinions from a public forum
nobody likes it, it starts polite critisism of the car, then someone posts up a slightly harsh comment,
then everyone gets on the bandwagon and the OP gets lemon,
says "you lot" (as if we are all close friends of on here) are narrow minded and are ganging up on me,
and it ends with, "im not angry/upset, you lot make me laugh because you're all sheep scared to do any different mods"
more bitching goes on and the thread eventually gets locked.

you're not the first and you wont be the last person to go through this cycle,
but in future, dont post things on a public forum asking for opinions, then get annoyed that it wasnt the verdict you expected/hoped for!

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
banded steelies

You bought a french car with the intention of giving it german looks?

Personally, I love nothing more than a standard looking, clean valver. Standard valver rims, even willy wheels, are cheap enough these days.

53 Clio's & counting
OP, chill out fella, you will always get mixed responces with any mods - some people on here didnt like my Elise due to it being under powered (which it wasnt)

just take it as constructive criticisum and look at what you want to change - at the end of the day its your car so you can do the mods you like, just dont get wound up when someone doesnt like it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.