ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My project of sorts

ur megane r26
Well tonight I am very bored, so thought I would redo the project thread on my 182 that I did on the old site, also maybe do my bit to get the forum busy again ahah.

Well as most of you know I have a RenaultSport Clio 182, in black gold, bought it with 30000 miles on the clocks, well near enough anyway, part ex'd against my old 1.2 clio so got a really good deal on it.

This is how she looked the day I bought her home....

CIMG1311.jpg

CIMG1306.jpg

CIMG1307.jpg

I got all of the essentials out of the way, such as service, cambelt, plus had a major steering problems, power steering stopped working, so trip over to renault determined that the pump was knackered, luckily got it done under warrenty with the garage I bought the car off of, much better now.
First mods were my silvervision indicator bulbs from the 1.2 and the xenon white lights for the interior and number plate light. Much better

CIMG1349.jpg

CIMG1365.jpg

Then full exhaust system, I bought a milltek cat back system, stainless, then added a milltek stainless decat a few months on, I absolutely love the sound of it, bit noisy but got a good note, specially when gunning it, not that I do that much :p

CIMG1370.jpg

Thats the best picture I have of it im afraid, but if you compare it to previous photos you can tell the difference.

I then started messing about with different ik setups. I first used my pipercross viper kit which I picked up and liked it but after a few months thought it was strangling the power slightly especially in the summer, due to there not being a proper cold air feed setup, so then I bought a 172 phase 1 standard air box, which is in a cylinder shape and is alot bigger than my standard one, therefore allowing more air to travel into it. For the time being I am just using the standard cold air feed to run cold air from the arch to the airbox, but that should change shortly.

Now I was started to get somewhere and was rather happy with the way the car had turned out, so something had to go wrong. I was parked at work one day and some to**er drove into my car the fooked off without leaving a note or anything leaving the following damage....

12112009100.jpg

12112009101.jpg

Luckily my old man used to spray cars for a living so a few weeks later the whole bumper was resprayed and looking better than it did originally

25112009129.jpg

25112009130.jpg

25112009137.jpg

25112009140.jpg

25112009141.jpg

25112009142.jpg

Much better. So next job was lowering her, she didnt need much as she is pretty low with the uprated suspension she had from renault but I though eibach pro lowering springs would suit her perfect, which they did..

CIMG1484.jpg

CIMG1492.jpg

That last picture she was still settling in the new springs havent got any newer ones, but as you can see much lower at the back and a little at the front, it is absolutely perfect in my eyes now, although these motors look awesome slammed... just soo unpractical for me unfortunately. Also painted the calipers matt black just to smarten them up a little.

The next and last modification to my little clio, when I say last I mean up to now haha was some new brakes, my brother being in the motor trade did my tracking and realigned my steering wheel after the springs went on, he recommended I purchased some new front brakes as they were shagged.....oops haha so went for some brembo HC's and ferodo dc2500 pads, perfect combination and they were going cheap from ktec, where I bought alot of my stuff from, cannot recommend them enough btw lovely bunch of people, anywho, the brakes have bedded in nicely now I have done a couple hundred miles, and well lets say I have no problem stopping now absolutely awesome haha

CIMG1506.jpg

Well thats my story up to date on my 182, thanks for reading if you did and I will try and keep it updated with any future mods. C+C welcome

Cheers guys

ur megane r26
not really too sure tbh, recon I will end up getting that popular remap, forget the name of it, just to sort out the idle and middle of the range revs wise. Would like to buy some turinis but alot of money so not sure yet uming and arwing atm lol would like some ideas if anyone has any

ur megane r26
haha cheers fella, yer she is in pretty good condition, still not totally happy with the paint condition need to ideally get the bonnet resprayed as well as the tail gate and rear bumper. then it needs a proper detail but i aint that patient lol. But she is getting there and thanks for the compliments. Got any ideas what I should do next??? Plus the reason I never went for the sportlines as i didnt want to lower too much as I have a ferry I have to get on once a week and if the tide is out you have to go down really low then go up a really steep slope to get onto it, dont want to break anything, although I have manage to crack my splitter, ooooo well carbon fibre one here I come lol

ur megane r26
got my first bit of track time booked today, 25 quid for 15 minutes around castle combe, any tips? cannot bloody wait I have to say haha, anyone else going? Would be good to see a few fellow cliosporters there

ur megane r26
cheers fella, I see you have an rb, looks good in the dp, done anything to it??? I am constantly looking at other 182's for inspiration lol