ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What to do, oh what to do, woe is me.

I am bored with my 1.2 dynamique.

I was made redundant on monday, but I dont care much about that at the moment.

I want a powerful but economical car.........

I have had the dynamique for 2 years and 2 months.

I dont know what to do...............Apart from fit Big Iains spoiler to the dynamique at the moment.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

buy a williams with some spare cash from redundancy or sell the 1.2 and buy a williams.

Total change needed me thinks

ian

Id not make any spur of the moment decisions. Is your car paid for by credit? If so, work out if you can afford the repayments while you have no job or stay put for the minute if its all paid for.

Theres no way to predict how long youll be out of a job, but the typical period is 3 months. Id wait a few weeks and see how youre doing cash-wise. Unfortunately, this is not the time to be fulfilling dreams of more powerful cars! If necessary, you could sell the car to rejuvenate your cash situation - but by the time its sold you could be in a new job!

An older hot hatch like a Williams is not cheap to run in terms of insurance, repairs or general maintenance. Id not recommend one to anyone who had just lost their job!!

Keep the car until you get a new job you dont need any more hastle with insurance and a different car and finding and getting a new job at the same time.

Dependant upon what job you get your car decision choice may change

Renault Laguna Coupe

Instead of changing your car why not try to enjoy it more? Get some slicks and do a few trackdays - youll be surprised how much fun you can have :devilish:

Id go with that really, my 1.2 is an absolute beast on track (yes really), well at least on the tight and twisty ones. Then you go home with 40mpg and feel pretty chuffed with yourself.

One problem ive noticed is where my car has been built to a cost bits have started falling off due to the abuse..whereas a 172 or Williams would of had stronger parts for harder driving i presume.

-Rob

Here she is at brands hatch waiting to go on track :D

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1084441638__brands.jpg

[Edited by RobFenn on 13 May 2004 at 10:46am]