ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What race series with Sequential box

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Hi Guys.
What series can I race in with sequential sadev box from x65 Clio cup?
Anything competitive will do! Last thing I wanna do is spend my daughters uni fund lol on the box and limit myself to Trackdays...
oh and I am boosted a little [emoji51] but that’s not a huge problem as can always go back to NA

already looked at time attack but this will put me in to PRO class.. and I kinda know how that’s gonna turn out vs nobels and evos

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
Have you ever thought about rallys? Your car with a sequential and back to na would be a good start. There is a championship that uses the race circuits round the uk.
Just thinking outside the box!

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
Have you ever thought about rallys? Your car with a sequential and back to na would be a good start. There is a championship that uses the race circuits round the uk.

I have thought about it to be honest. But was under impression they are all mainly on rough terrain and in Scotland/Ireland.
Do you have any web links I can look at?

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7

I have thought about it to be honest. But was under impression they are all mainly on rough terrain and in Scotland/Ireland.
Do you have any web links I can look at?

Twingo 1??

ClioSport Club Member
  Twingo 133 Cup,
This is the championship. http://msnrallychamp.co.uk

If you look on you tube for "steve quigley Clio" he runs an ex Clio cup car and is regularly in the top 5 on events.

Hope this helps a bit. I am sure the rally boys can help even more.
But I wouldn't discount rallying there is so much of a rush doing rallys.
There are also more closed road events happening now the legislation has changed.
Tbh your car by the looks of it would only need to go back na and tank and sump guards and you would almost be there.

Graeme

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Hi Guys.
What series can I race in with sequential sadev box from x65 Clio cup?
Anything competitive will do! Last thing I wanna do is spend my daughters uni fund lol on the box and limit myself to Trackdays...
oh and I am boosted a little [emoji51] but that’s not a huge problem as can always go back to NA

already looked at time attack but this will put me in to PRO class.. and I kinda know how that’s gonna turn out vs nobels and evos

If you can keep the weight down and turbo power nice and high then you'd have a chance. Possibly the main issue you will have for that is the tyre choice of smaller wheels. Its a tough class to jump into as the people in it are quite experienced though. Also many of the turbo cars are running 500bhp+
Sequential box is a nice toy but realistically circuit wise limits you to the higher end stuff. H-Pattern would drop you into club which is still nice and open with the rules to make some interesting cars, and is the best subscribed so plenty of competition to challenge yourself.
I'm aiming for Club Retro myself next year.

dan's cast offs.
If you think yours is quick now wait until you drive it with a sadev ?

But check torque specs on them, some are low to say the least.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
If you think yours is quick now wait until you drive it with a sadev [emoji16]

But check torque specs on them, some are low to say the least.

Yeah that’s my other big worry [emoji51] from my research so far, the box I am supposedly getting is only rated at 196 ft/lb mine is already 219... it’s the ST75-14. Can anyone knowledgable confirm what max rating is?

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I can’t believe it [emoji17]☹️[emoji20] I was sooooo looking forward to the sadev and now it looks like not only it will be a waste of money but also risk of smashing it to bits with any sort of competitive power ahhhhh !

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
I had to totally change my front suspension so I could go racing. Lukily I was able to sell the old stuff to someone else.
Sometimes its better to choose the series you want and fit the car to the championship rather than the other way round, especially if you've not started building it. Its worth going and watching a few and chatting to other competitors to get a feel of whether its for you. Unfortunately most have finished now until April.
Plenty of interesting cars can be built within the TA rules - theres an Evo powered 4x4 Ford Ka even!

Kev@KAM

ClioSport Trader
  Badass Toyota
Look at vag conversion, sqs to some pretty good bits for them.

Good solid engine, loads of tuning parts. Gearboxes are stronger! and maybe more importantly the conversion has been done so problems are ironed out.

RuskiWeldFab

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172, RS4 B7
I had to totally change my front suspension so I could go racing. Lukily I was able to sell the old stuff to someone else.
Sometimes its better to choose the series you want and fit the car to the championship rather than the other way round, especially if you've not started building it. Its worth going and watching a few and chatting to other competitors to get a feel of whether its for you. Unfortunately most have finished now until April.
Plenty of interesting cars can be built within the TA rules - theres an Evo powered 4x4 Ford Ka even!

Yeah to be fair I was building mine for TDC or tricolore. And then half way through I decided I wanted a turbo... kinda went downhill from there lol... now a little tired of just Trackdays. I need to consider all options now

dan's cast offs.
Good solid engine, loads of tuning parts. Gearboxes are stronger! and maybe more importantly the conversion has been done so problems are ironed out.

Only meant the box, not a big fan of the engines to be honest.

MK7 Golf R, Clio 182
I had looked into this before I decided to get into racing. As mentioned above your most likely going to be against some pretty serious drivers and cars and it’s going to be expensive. Same thing with the turbo conversions aswell.