ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mazda 3 mps mk1 progress

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I was always under the impression that the Focus was mid 1400s.

Regardless, they're perfectly capable of cornering quickly when set up right.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Since when did the Focus not have a good chassis? Have I misread something? The Focus of that era was considered to be fantastic and certainly the best of the cars on that platform. I'm sure the MPS can be made very good with some thought.

Mazda 3 MPS
Since when did the Focus not have a good chassis? Have I misread something? The Focus of that era was considered to be fantastic and certainly the best of the cars on that platform. I'm sure the MPS can be made very good with some thought.

I had an ST before this and with spacers and lowering springs it handled great tbh, this with the current mods is awesome handling but as standard theyre not the best, even with the lower stiffer aero springs..

Anyhow, about time i updated this.

Fitted these first of all, YellowSpeed 6 Pot 256mm discs and Pagid RS29 pads with braided lines and also fitted Brembo HC and brembo pads on the rear.

dfa56775db25c001d7c5c94d56e7cf99.jpg

5ed45fec3ca1aba0970704c133e68c41.jpg

These were too big for the offset of the OEM wheels. So at the same time got some Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 18x8 ET40.

5817b2b6120c076671fde551d328bfc8.jpg

b8237a366877c6e6bdcbdaeba40b5e92.jpg

a1d9ec3344e58248177ef1f3fb27f0be.jpg

c119022c4b03b3faccc228e999d54588.png

Next plans are intake pipe, induction kit, fuel pump and taking it for remapping [emoji48]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the new stance!

Currently I've got a reno ph1 172 and thinking of getting 3MPS. is this a good move? In terms of handling vs power and weight.
I absolutely love the 172's handling but with my family growing. The 172 is really being outgrown. Hence the reason for considering the 3MPS.

what are y'all thoughts?

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

Mazda 3 MPS
Love the new stance!

Currently I've got a reno ph1 172 and thinking of getting 3MPS. is this a good move? In terms of handling vs power and weight.
I absolutely love the 172's handling but with my family growing. The 172 is really being outgrown. Hence the reason for considering the 3MPS.

what are y'all thoughts?

Mine is really good yes they are a bit heavy but it has five doors and plenty of room. Mine has oil changed every 5k and it never lets me down and i drive it hard. I get about 40mpg on a run and about 25/30 around town.as you can see though mine has had a fair amount of money to get it to handle good but i think its a brilliant car

Mine is really good yes they are a bit heavy but it has five doors and plenty of room. Mine has oil changed every 5k and it never lets me down and i drive it hard. I get about 40mpg on a run and about 25/30 around town.as you can see though mine has had a fair amount of money to get it to handle good but i think its a brilliant car

Sounds good to me! Thanks for the insight

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Updates required.....

I've had mine a year now. Struggled to like it for about 10 months. It has all the usual, induction, intake, fuel pump & map upgrade, circa 300hp.
Had to do the chain, rectify the rear window rust among other smaller things (drop links). Looks like yours is a better car to start with!
I agree with all the comments on this thread, the suspension is awful, god awful. The diff helps as it would be hopeless without it, even though it isn't the best.
But for the money and once in 3rd gear, it is insane. I have the remap software and I've recently tweaked a J-Tune map, which has made me like it a bit more.
os910o.jpg

Good luck with your track days