ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What performance brakes

I dont know what to do peeps, i have an RSI and i need to get some new disks and pads all round what does everyone recommend as i have never brought any in my life!!

What make of disks and pads and what is a decent price for them?

Thanks peeps (y)

Giroevolver,

To be honest mate, you may be better off sticking with std pads & brakes. You will be amazed what a quick flush and re-fill of DOT 5.1 braking fluid can do for you. Will feel like a new car. i currently use Taroxs G88 discs (which are machine grooved 40 in totaly on each disc ;)) with some FAT DS2000 pads. not cheap but worth it! a bit over kill for what you want tho.

k-tec do uprated zinc plated and cross drilled plates for 99quid (fronts) and uprated pads for about 50. I think this is good compromise between standard and expensive (and in some cases pointless) performance upgrades.

Well i need something that is going to stop i just had them looked at and the disks are sort of dented and not flat and the pads are lifless. The problem is i am having a cam and chip put in and they a reconin about 140 - 150 BHP and i just want something that works when they get hot as the standard disks and pad get really rubbish when they get hot well thats what i have found anyway

Ive got the K-tec front and rear discs on my valver, and i have to say that the initial bite is good, but once theyve got some heat in them theyre superb

Lots of things we are based in n.yorks , we supply black diamond and brembo max disks and pads we can also get ebc.We supply a range of performance parts