ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What made you choose A Clio sport?

172 ph 1
Had a exam and needed cheering up, in the afternoon i saw a phase 1 172 at a dealers local to uni. Went to see it, fell in love with the car, drove it away the next evening. :cool:

Clio Dci
Having to get rid of my MK2 Fabia Vrs due to the impending house purchase I wanted to get a car that was hopefully as quick and cheap!

Turns out it was cheap to buy, but ended up not being cheap to run, but hell yeah I love it!

If you ever consider one, give one a test drive, I was sold instantly!

Clio 172
Girlfriend bought it dirt cheap with no engine because "I want the seats in my clio".
I put an engine in and intended to sell it as I wasn't keen on clio's... This was 3 years ago...Haha.

I like my Hot Hatches, so naturally the 172 was next after my Fiesta ST, after reading/watching reviews and on reading threads on here, superb car, it did everything well, interior was a nice place to sit, well spec'd, can hang on the back of cars with twice the power and you could fully enjoy it on B-Roads. Sold it to buy a Astra VXR but still have a hankering for another one. Just have that character about them.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
an impulse purchase after my last car packed up, but i love the whole, its only a clio, its not very fast thing that goes with them

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
My first one - I'm sitting here trying to think and I can't, must have been having a funny day. In fact I thought they were rather a horrible car and couldn't understand why everyone had one.

Second 182 was a gazillion times better than the first so made sense as it was cheap from a mate.

All my others are non sports innit bruvs

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I ended up with my first one as my first car was a 1.2 dynamique and the thought of a rapid 2.0 one was too much to resist bought one a few months before my 18th bday, ive been in them ever since and im now 25. Had a ph1, 2x ph2's a 200 and now a 182 trophy

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Get yourself to some meets ;) Need more Ph.1 representation!

Exeter this friday, but a few of us drive up from Plymouth if you want to join us.

Phs1 172
Cheers for the invite, I only really use it for commuting to work etc, and rarely drive it otherwise, i've become boring in my older age. When I was younger like 17/18 I used to go to a few local car meets but hav'nt done so for yeeeeeeeears now.

Spent a winter season driving Renault Trafic vans as an airport transfer driver. My Astravan had died a death by the time I'd got back after 6 months of sitting rotting. Was a shed anyway. Wanted something smaller (not an estate) with decent fuel economy and 'mod cons' like cruise, AC, autowipers, auto lights etc that I'd been busy enjoying on the vans. Stumbled upon a 182 for sale and it had most of those features and still pretty good MPG and was actually a bit cheaper than some of the diesels I'd been looking at. Went and looked at, went back a few days later and picked it up!