ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what lowering spring to use

clio 172
hi looking to lower my new 172 and was woundering how low to go i was thinking 25 mil have any 1 lowered they car 25mil and wot u think or do u have any pics thanks

Black Sheep
Just about to get mines lowered 25 mm so dont have any pics but i would recommend 25mm as any lower the ride will be to harsh and you will get fed up. plus mind the speed bumps i have to crawl over mines up here standard springs!!:(

clio 172
il look them up now thanks are they the best or wot are the best u know of?they look ok good price to il give them a try thanks for your help jack

Last edited:
  Black Sheep
Eibach are pricey and if you are not doing dampers there is not much point (my opinion) There are some decent ones can't mind the name of mines they were 120 or something but not the cheapos you see for like 80. 25mm shouldn't look to bad anymore and I think it would start to have the slammed look, not good (my opinion) but it should handle a bit better cause there is a bit of roll I feel on the standard springs.

http://www.auto-nation.co.uk/cart/product.php?productid=165166&cat=330&page=1

Cheap springs will not help you maintain the excellent handling of the 172. Eibach springs are progressively wound, highly rated and used by just about every decent race and rally team................there is a good reason for this.

We offer Cliosport members an extra 5% off the website prices too. Simply join Cliosport, and check out our section in the traders area of the forum.

Not much more than 120 then either!

Thanks,

Pete

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
As said before mate. Get eibach sportlines. I did and it totally transformed the handling, honestly.

Dan

clio 172
thaanks for this imput very helpfull will be going with eibach as ur right there does seem to be a little bit of roll with standard. an extra 5% off the website prices too thats good will be come a members very soon and get my self a set thanks