ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
My bad :(

ydyqazy6.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Makes sense. I've traced it back until it goes though the bulkhead and then behind the glovebox. I'll have a proper lo

ph1 172
Trackers (most of them) require wiring in to various part of the loom, then you have the antenna to think about . Etc . And as above .

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Well, typically better trackers will use CAN data so will only connect to the vehicles CANBUS interface, and will have the GPS etc built in.

So only CAN and power is typically required for decent tracking units.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Just a little bump. I've just been messing about under the cup holder and found the following. I've had a little Google, but nothing seems to be coming up.

8aza6e4a.jpg

asu8e8yq.jpg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
It's powered off the cigarette lighter. One cable goes to the engine bay sensor (or whatever it is). And the other cable goes too..
7uda4u3e.jpg

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Rev limiter/launch control/shift light?

Your car's a proper den of intrigue lol.

Try plugging that USB port into your computer, see if any model number etc pops up.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Rev limiter/launch control/shift light?

Your car's a proper den of intrigue lol.

Try plugging that USB port into your computer, see if any model number etc pops up.
Haha, certainly seems so.

It's a laser detector/bouncer. The switch is to turn it off so the police man that pulls you over after his laser gun goes funny when he points it at your car doesn't get another none read when he points it at your car. The front sensor should be in the grill though.

Like this: http://www.radar-detectors.co.uk/la...=RDLS&gclid=CNqlnoGk2rcCFa7JtAodbj0A1Q#images
Thanks for that interesting read.

Flol! I bet you aren't removing that!
You no me too well Scott. Want me to come and pick you up so we can test it?

182 T
Although I have seen one before and recognised it, When I posted that I hadn't realised you could just buy one. Is it one of these things where "it's only illegal if you use it"?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Lol definitely! Top speed run?
Just laps around town. I'll be doing top speed runs on te autobahn on Thursday ;)
Although I have seen one before and recognised it, When I posted that I hadn't realised you could just buy one. Is it one of these things where "it's only illegal if you use it"?
I bet it probably is. Or something that can only be used 'off the road only'.