ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this and what should it plug into?

Clio 172 Cup
Was cleaning my 172 Cup today and noticed this plug hanging down under the dashboard. It's part of a wire that plugs into the top of the accelerator pedal. What is it, and should it be plugged in?
PurxOLt.jpg

Clio 172 Cup
Hmm, ok, thanks chaps. It's not purple, but I'm assuming cruise control anyway as I haven't noticed anything amiss.

Many.
Cup shouldn't have the Cruise control wiring. So make sure your brake lights work, as that looks like the brake pedal switch plug. Bit hard see from the angle.

Clio 172 Cup
Crap, it is the brake lights. From what I can tell there should be a plunger affair that it plugs into. No sign of that. God knows how long I've been pootling around without brake lights! How embarrassing. Best get that fixed ASAP then.

SAAB 93 Aero TTiD SS
Crap, it is the brake lights. From what I can tell there should be a plunger affair that it plugs into. No sign of that. God knows how long I've been pootling around without brake lights! How embarrassing. Best get that fixed ASAP then.

Lol, the plunger is the black part you can see on my photo. It may still be attached to the brake pedal, you just twist and pull to remove it.....if it is there