ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is THE best single game you've ever bought and why?

182FF with cup packs
Elite was my favourite game and the one I wish they would remake. BBC Micro :cool:
250px-Elite_org_cover.jpg

+1 for elite on the BBC Micro.
I still occasionally break out BeebEm and have a blast, (along with Chuckie Egg), I also really liked Frontier: Elite II, even if it was a little buggy.

My other choice (though technically I never bought it, I rented it for 10p a time :)) would be PacMan. Will any of you still be playing MW2 30+ years after it comes out? Will you feck. Longevity is what makes a great game, if you dump it as soon as a new version comes out then it wasn't great, it was simply something to pass the time.

2.2 bar shed.
Still waiting for an Elite replacement... :( Freelancer/X(series) just arnt quite right for some reason.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
+1 for elite on the BBC Micro.
I still occasionally break out BeebEm and have a blast, (along with Chuckie Egg), I also really liked Frontier: Elite II, even if it was a little buggy.

My other choice (though technically I never bought it, I rented it for 10p a time :)) would be PacMan. Will any of you still be playing MW2 30+ years after it comes out? Will you feck. Longevity is what makes a great game, if you dump it as soon as a new version comes out then it wasn't great, it was simply something to pass the time.

Still waiting for an Elite replacement... :( Freelancer/X(series) just arnt quite right for some reason.

Have you guys ever tried OoLite?

http://www.oolite.org/

D.

Ph1 172
Elite was my favourite game and the one I wish they would remake. BBC Micro :cool:
250px-Elite_org_cover.jpg

But considering that I suspect that will never happen I would have to go for Eve Online it is pretty much the closest thing to it. Just a game that has so many ways to go with no linear career path. Been playing it on and off now for about 5 years.
EVEOnlineLogo.png

i played EVE for about 18 months, started to take over my life, was waking up in the middle of the night to change skill training etc

Half Life I guess as I spent such a ridiculous amount of time playing Counter-Strike

Same goes for Quake 3 and various mods for it...

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Vice City for me. Sooo many good memories of that game, loved it!

Golf GTi Mk2
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
Was the first game i played online, used to switch it on after dinner, about 8, play through till 3 or 4 in the morning then get up for work at 6.30, was in a clan with our own server, loved it to bits. 16 players, modest map sizes and plenty of friendly banter.

Mountune Tractor
Vice City without doubt for me.
I remember not sleeping well the week before Streetfighter 2 came out on SNES though. It's close but I still say Vice City.

2014 Focus Titanium
Half Life and then Half Life 2 are the best I have ever owned, and the mods that came from it.

I used to host LANS every couple of months when I lived with my parents and they were awesome. 10 of us in one room with PCs playing the following:

Counter Strike (1 and source)
TFC & TF2
Day of Defeat
That frisby mod? Can't remember the name but it was manic!

and also

UT2003
C&C Generals < Absolutely mint with 8 players
Battlefield 1942 etc

Those were the days, before all these console newbs started thinking they know what gaming is, like presently!

F82 M4
Half Life and then Half Life 2 are the best I have ever owned, and the mods that came from it.

I used to host LANS every couple of months when I lived with my parents and they were awesome. 10 of us in one room with PCs playing the following:

Counter Strike (1 and source)
TFC & TF2
Day of Defeat
That frisby mod? Can't remember the name but it was manic!

and also

UT2003
C&C Generals < Absolutely mint with 8 players
Battlefield 1942 etc

Those were the days, before all these console newbs started thinking they know what gaming is, like presently!

f**king love lans. Sort one out!! :cool:

I've got a 16 PC's network hub somewhere.

Never above 25mpg
Titanic Adventure Out of Time

My favourite I have to say... Spent years on it, used to know how to do everything in the alotted time but now wouldn't have a clue!

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
My favourites games ever where the metal gear solid series

With MGS2 standing out as the best plus it had a freaking amazing intro movie!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
My favourites games ever where the metal gear solid series

With MGS2 standing out as the best plus it had a freaking amazing intro movie!!

I never really 'got' the MGS series. Playing the original demo on the PS1 and getting rather annoyed with it was enough to put me off - lol!

D.

Last edited by a moderator:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
PGR4 for the funness and how it made you want to carry on playing it all the time.

GTA 3, best GTA imo, really different to anything I had played before.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, it's done it a few time randomly this week. :S

Hangs for ages, then when it finally posts, it also locks it! WTF.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I never really 'got' the MGS series. Playing the original demo on the PS1 and getting rather annoyed with it was enough to put me off - lol!

D.

Epic series, and I don't often buy into something so heavily, but they really are masterpieces.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Epic series, and I don't often buy into something so heavily, but they really are masterpieces.

agree best games ever. Completed all of them to the death (all unlocks, playing through without getting killed under 11 hours etc)

197 FF Glacier White
Gran Turismo, any of them.

There you go, you can lock this thread now! :rasp: