ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered some Microfibre cutting+finishing pads and a new lambswool wash mitt.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I doubt there would be too many of us to warrant a section or a dedicated thread tbh.

Detailing chat thread is enough I think

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
60E4A008-F934-4C45-89A0-2A79A2AACB5A-316-0000000C993DEFA5.jpg

172 cup
Just took a trip to Elite Car Care, got myself a snow foam lance+ snow foam, 2 lambswool mitts, 2 large microfibre drying towels, 2 buckets with grit guards, collinite 476 wax witt applicators and few micro fibre cloths. They also threw in some pads for my DA FOC :)

Also got some dodo lube and megs clay coming and my PD8 and DAS 6 pro came yesterday!

Just a quick question, Elite said the 476 wax is put on by hand, is this right or would my DA work better?

Sooo good for winter protection though

Fk1000p looks better, is easier to apply/remove and is cheaper by memory (for the oz). Oh and it's heat and fairly chemical resistant so useful on metal and wheels. Why anyone uses 476 anymore is beyond me!

172 cup
Fk1000p looks better, is easier to apply/remove and is cheaper by memory (for the oz). Oh and it's heat and fairly chemical resistant so useful on metal and wheels. Why anyone uses 476 anymore is beyond me!

I am completely new to waxing/ detailing my car, someone recommended 476 to my brother on DW as we wanted a good winter wax. Is 476 really that bad?

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Because it takes forever to go through a whole tub lol

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Yep I have Fk as well. I should really be using old stuff up first so for now the collinite will carry on until gone, I still quite like it.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I have some spare G1 if you need it Ant? Will bring it on the 15th if you want.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I might order some Tough Coat, as I was so impressed with Tripple.

Possible daft question, is there any point in using a hard wax over a sealant?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

No point as such. They're just different.

Tough coat is probably the easiest lsp in the world to apply and looks awesome though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant

hard or soft waxes doesnt really make much odds. ive used hard waxes over toughcoat, it does marginally increase durability, gives a nice mix of gloss and flake, water behaviour i found to hold up longer and contaminants dont bond anywhere near as well.

toughcoat is so simple to use no reason why you couldnt just keep adding coats, although it does leave a nice slick finish to wax over

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers Dave, makes sense. I was more interested in terms of looks rather than durability tbh. Will have a look around.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Completely forgot to update with my recent acquisitions

kestrel das6 pro version
autofinesse powerseal, imperial, satin, mint rims, rejuvenate
wax prototype from autofinesse thats lovely to apply and remove. i left it for 30mintues and it still wiped off like it had just been applied