ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

oreA

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW M135i; Clio 172
Managed to get the off side disc and pads done this morning :cool:.

Need to go bed them in......:smilingimp:

Finally after 3 visits to the garage got an MOT pass. Attempt 1- New steering rack needed £££, new pads and discs all round needed. Rear o/side brake showing no power on test. Attempt 2 - Sourced used rear calipers, from here obviously... New rack fitted and polybushed as why not.. New pads and discs fitted. Take it back for retest, rear o/side still showing no improvement. Mechanic un screws bleed nipple to fit new caliper, no fluid coming out..... Traced back to rear brake compensator. Now a new compensator is needed and rear hose and pipe. Attempt 3 - all passed take car off ramp and handbrake cable snap as they're about to prepare invoice! At this stage I don't give a f@#k anymore and tell them just to keep it the rest of day and I'll ge back next day. So have cup back all passed and feels the best it ever has in the 2 years of ownership but £600 lighter for it... Was thinking of selling it but will just drive it for while and see if I fall I love again....

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Reached the magic mile marker.
image.jpeg

Black 182 FF
Gave it a quick wash last night.

This morning I took the crank sensor off and gave it a clean as it hasn't always been starting first time. Thought I'd give it a go as last time it done this my girlfriend had to get the AA when I was at work as it got progressively worse and then wouldn't start at all. I bought a new crank sensor with the uprated loom but the original has been fine till now and that's over two years ago. If it's improved it then I may finally fit the new sensor :smile:

Gave it a quick wash last night.

This morning I took the crank sensor off and gave it a clean as it hasn't always been starting first time. Thought I'd give it a go as last time it done this my girlfriend had to get the AA when I was at work as it got progressively worse and then wouldn't start at all. I bought a new crank sensor with the uprated loom but the original has been fine till now and that's over two years ago. If it's improved it then I may finally fit the new sensor :smile:
where is the sensor located and is it easy to do? Mine being a bit slow to start some times so might try this. Any help or even a pic would be really helpful, cheers.

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
where is the sensor located and is it easy to do? Mine being a bit slow to start some times so might try this. Any help or even a pic would be really helpful, cheers.
Its on top of the gearbox below the thermostat mate. Easy to do. Just two 10mm bolts

BMW 320d SE
Oil change for the Clio today. Went with Shell Helix Ultra or whatever it's called. Tightened up my dog bone mount which had worked itself loose :confused:

Captain Hat

CS Academician
ClioSport Club Member
  2002 Clio RS 172 Cup
Thanks for the Twingo comments people, appreciated! :smile: I know it's not a Clio, but its close enough :wink:
Honestly mate with the way small cars are bloating up these days the Twingo's probably closer to being a "proper" Clio than the new Clio is!

I've been lumped with a bloody awful Corsa while the insurance company twiddles its thumbs over my Cup and the bloody thing's bigger than an old Astra ffs.

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Honestly mate with the way small cars are bloating up these days the Twingo's probably closer to being a "proper" Clio than the new Clio is!
I've been lumped with a bloody awful Corsa while the insurance company twiddles its thumbs over my Cup and the bloody thing's bigger than an old Astra ffs.

That is very true! :) We've just bought a Clio 197 as well for the mrs, and it is certainly big compared to the Twingo, although alongside a 172/182 its about the same size, but the newer Clio's are even bigger again!

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
Changed the old shocks and Apex springs for a brand new set of shocks and Eibach Sportlines.

Initial impressions are that either my old shocks were completely shot or Apex springs really are as bad as people say they are!

oVerboost.

South West
ClioSport Area Rep
  Clio 182 LY
Refurbed the wheels on the Mrs' 197... Really works well against the nimbus grey paintwork! And for anyone thinking of painting wheels at home, make sure you use PU lacquer - that stuff is amazing at bringing out the gloss finish, looks as good as a bodyshop job!
clio5_zps1ywljuwt.jpg

Inferno 182
Finally managed to get my rear view mirror so that I can see behind me, the car came with a suction mirror and I couldn't get it at the correct angle but with a little dremel persuasion it works :) all I need now is a black parcel shelf and the interior is how I want it

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Refurbed the headlights on the clio and reattached the rear bumper. I love the look of freshly refurbished headlights. Didn't get round to cleaning the car afterwards though.
IMG_20161009_135926.jpg

I've also changed a front indicator bulb on the Megane. What a fuckin ballache that is! Stupid French design!

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I'll be fitting my wind deflectors later (which I've had for about 6 weeks but decided I couldn't be bothered to fit!) as I'm sick of them just sitting on the back seat.

Also reinsured it as my renewal came up. Licence since I was 17 (I'm now 24), 3 years NCB, no claims but dings I didn't claim for but have to put down.... £1020 just for the Clio. That's on a multicar policy with Admiral as well so in actual fact it'd be higher if I was on my own. Considering my renewal was £2584 (!) I'm still peeved it's still 4 figures although I did get them down to £1300 for both cars so that's a small victory.

That being said, my brand new Twingo that I sent back because it was perpetually broken was a third of that price! Even my Mk3 Laguna dCi was half that... :confused:

Oh and booked an oil change. 18k oil change intervals? No thanks!

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
Ordered a few parts, all new sperical bearings for the front end including the AST top mounts, coolant, thermostat, oil + Filter, fuel filter, gearbox oil, handbrake cables, discs + pads for the rear and some other bits an bobs

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Changed pre-cat lambda and did an oil and oil filter change.

Love servicing the car, feels so satisfying doing it and it's a great opportunity to have a once over of everything to make sure it's still good.