ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What has been done to my exhaust?

182, S-Type 3.0L
Recently purchased a new 182 Catalytic converter due to mine being cracked -
BC8yK2l.jpg

The new 182 Catalytic converter didn't fit because it was far too short and used a crush gasket and a clamp whereas the catalytic converter on the car has flanges on both ends.

I have had the new catalytic converter modified to fit my car but does anyone have any idea what flanged manifold I have on my car and why my 182 had a bigger cat and wrong fixings?

182, S-Type 3.0L
That crack is at the rear, I welded it up but now have taken the old cat out and had Infinity Exhausts modify the new Clio 182 cat and fit it, they had to weld flanges on both ends and make it longer.
I can't find any information on the cat online at all apart from one other guy who had the same cat on his clio and was also confused.

This is the cat that was on the car in full.
8b9q55E.jpg

Model number seems to be:
RENAULT 8200335385

This post is from another member with the same Cat: http://www.cliosport.net/threads/catalytic-converter.293772/

So maybe for some cars Renault put this catalytic converter on instead of the usual one?

Here is the new cat before it was modified and put on the car:
QCynZ3v.png

Having done some more research it looks like maybe it was the original cat but someone cut the ends off of the manifold and cat and welded flanges to everything... :astonished:

Last edited:
  Ex 182 owner
Done the rear on my own cat as it gets rid eof the oilve joint but never heard fo the front being done as its needs the flexable joiint.

182, S-Type 3.0L
Done the rear on my own cat as it gets rid eof the oilve joint but never heard fo the front being done as its needs the flexable joiint.
Well that's a bummer then! If it doesnt hold up then it looks like i'm in for a new manifold... but you never know your luck eh

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Renault CAT, which you had originally, has a flange at the front (with spring bolts) and olive join at the back.

The olive join is s**t, so people normally sleeve or put another flange on.

No reason to modify the spring end though, it needs to have some movement.