ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What did the CS's retail at?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
We used to sell them with both cup packs, pre registered for £12,999.

From memory they were £15,950 in the brochure.

clio 182 trophy
A few Trophy owners I have spoken to got theirs for around 14k. Immense deal imo as the dampers are around 3.5k and the recaros 1.5k+! Compare the prices to what a fiesta st costs and they were a cracking buy back then!

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Bit of info here on all models and prices on release:

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/heritage

Obviously youll have to scroll to the year on the timeline

That's brilliant when you start to read about the 172/182 etc. Renault (and probably french car companies in general) really did it right when it comes to hot hatches. Not like the VW golf gti mk4's where they don't look any different to any normal golfs aesthetically apart from a few little touches. I like how Renault really separated the RS versions to the normal versions and actually thought about what would make a hot hatch.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Its just a shame the prices have gone up by such a large margin from the 200 to the 200T . 172's and 182's were priced so well for what they were.

I seem to remember 172's were £14,600 new at most places. My old mate got a pre reg 172 cup for under £10k once.
Vee's were £27k.

172 Turbo
With the Fiesta ST being available at £14,796 it shows how little the price has moved, I guess they have actually got cheaper?

'20 Zoe, '09 V70
I seem to remember 172's were £14,600 new at most places. My old mate got a pre reg 172 cup for under £10k once.
Vee's were £27k.

Jeez.... 27k?

I remember being a kid in a show room (Renault Liverpool, we bought all our cars there) and they had one in. I remember looking at it and wanting one.

Even now they go for silly money but still.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Vee's were £27k.

That was a good deal...I only managed £10,800 for my new 172 Cup in 2003. I think they retailed for something like £12,995.

The ST was a good few grand more but, allowing for inflation, I think that's more than evident in what you get for the money.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I can get a brand new ST for under£12k so would have loved to known the equivalent price for a Clio was.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I paid 7.5k for my one owner 20k cup back in 2004.... Was two years old at the time. Loved that car

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
Maybe one day they might regain a bit of value. The amount of the RS Clio's getting broken for spares or smashed up seems huge. I'll be keeping mine for a few more years yet. Paid £1900 for it six and a half years ago. Granted, its cost a few quid to maintain but it's been worth it.

Peugeot 308
Going off the Heritage Page - Ph1's had a RRP the same as Ph2's @ £15,995..?

Whilst 182's had a RRP of £14,600... Interesting.

Phase 1: 1,357 Registered in the UK... There really cant be many more than a 200/300 floating around now?!

Last edited:
  Peugeot 308
Going off the Heritage Page - Ph1's had a RRP the same as Ph2's @ £15,995..?
Whilst 182's had a RRP of £14,600...

What's more interesting to me is the fact, the UK had less than 10% of total Ph1's registered, compared to near on 40% of 182's registered here.
Renault claim to have produced the 182 Trophy for the UK only on the basis that the UK was its largest market.

Phase 1's 1,357 Registered in the UK... There really cant be many more than a 200/300 floating around now?!